Many Years Later

~ (Y/D)'s POV ~

         "Knockout- where's Strykeout?" I asked, and he shrugged his shoulder plates, reading today's news headlines.

         "He'll say 'nowhere' as he did the first time and you'll hear a report from Soundwave of his exact whereabouts within the hour even though we know exactly where he is."

I'm not surprised. 

Strykeout isn't even my biological son and he takes after both me and Knockout with his street racing ordeals. Normally we wouldn't be phased, knowing every street race there was to know but we strictly told him not to race tonight after a freak accident. Foul play is suspected and we're waiting to see where the investigation leads... Strykeout was a suspect.

         "He clearly thinks he snuck out well enough for us not to know-" I mumbled, "Come on, he'll be a few hours and I'm sure he's calculated that we'll be in recharge by the time he gets back. That means we have time to make some errands and catch up on any Earth races."

         "We?" He looked at me with a raised optic brow, "I just got back from a whole day of cosmetics."

I rolled my optics.

         "Oh poor you, you got to paint bots all day."

         "Femme, no matter what you say it's hard work and I-I-I-"

I just sat on him, making the mech stutter as I stretched out on the metal couch humans would find horribly uncomfortable. I sighed, my abdomen stretched out over his legs as he stared.

        "Shouldn't be to hard to take a look at my frame then, yeah? I think I have a couple scratches and dents from the last race-" I smirked at him as his faceplates warmed, but he soon had a smirk of his own, picking at invisible dirt on my faceplate.

         "So, no errands?"

         "Nope," I lifted myself up, kissing his cheekplate, "but no street race either."

         "Now hold on-" he pouted, "I like to watch you race before buffing your paint."

I just laughed, standing up as he whined before scrolling through a datapad.

         "There's no races that are interesting," I shook my helm, "All our usual enemies are dead or retired and the new wannabe champions are crap," I tossed the data pad to Knockout, who frowned at it as well.

         "Well, we could always show them how it's done," he looked to me with a new smirk, and I thought a minute before grinning, "There's a 'no rules' match in half an hour that just screams your designation." 

         "Perfect," I grinned, and we both charged outside, transforming and racing each other to the space bridge where we found Raf and Ratchet politely arguing about how to make it's reach even farther.

     Over these several years, my little mech had grown to help rebuild Cybertron, a now bustling planet. He worked alongside Ratchet and Soundwave to create ground bridges easily accessible and the one spacebridge to reach the outer reaches of space to find survivors of the war, though there were few. Strykeout on the other servo- He enjoyed Knockout's and my stories of racing, so started sneaking out first- then we told him we'd allow it if we went with him. We didn't want to be hypocritical parental units. My sire was still on Earth, barely aging and still in his prime, having found a wonderful woman I happily call my step mother: June Darby, now ageless after falling in love with my sire and giving in to his fear of losing her. Of course she disagrees with his illegal goings-on but I hear he's cut down on it just for her and helps the authorities far more often. My brother has a memorial next to Rumble, Soundwave having suggested our two best friends be together visibly, as we know they're together in the Well of Allsparks as well. I was disappointed to hear Optimus had sacrificed himself to revive Cybertron. I thanked both him and Primus once I was awake from my few day coma. 

     We arrived on Earth with excited engines.

         "You ready to lose?" I asked my sparkmate.

         "Only to you, my darling," he chuckled, and we joined the line for the first race of the night.

~ Strykeout's POV ~

     The lights were out and I was about to get away with racing the night away like my parental units did when they were younger! Of course they let me do this all the time, but they're always around. I get their concern after that huge crash of which I was the sole survivor, but I didn't start it, and I know this, so the authorities can stuff it up their tailpipes. Besides the race tonight was lit. My best friend, Shadowdrive, tried to convince me to join a last minute 'no rules' match while my carrier was unknowing of my whereabouts- I decided not to though, I didn't want to many scratches or else they'd be suspicious.

     Slipping in through the window, I turned my chassis lights off to ensure I wasn't seen, but the lights came on in the living room and I fell the rest of the way through, a pede caught in the window-

         "Uh- you guys are up late." I smiled hesitantly.

         "You're awfully awake yourself," my sire, Knockout, stated with an unamused expression. 

As much as I try to be sneaky- I'm not as well learned as my uncle Soundwave and brother Rafael. 

         "Stand up," my carrier ordered, and I did without hesitation. I hoped she wasn't to mad- when she was angry, the fury of my grand-sire showed, and his body count was high... "You had your fun, despite us telling you exactly why we weren't even racing on Cybertron tonight. You just made yourself a prime target to whoever caused that crash."

         "I'm not scared of him- or her," I huffed, crossing my arms, "If they want me offlined let them try, I'm smarter than they think."

         "We know," my sire nodded, "but better to be targeted at home with your parental units around to beat them to a metal pulp. This other bot is far bigger than you, more than likely and you're not built for close combat."

         "Therefore you have been grounded," my carrier stated firmly and I gawked at them.

         "You didn't ground me the first time I snuck out!" 

         "There wasn't a possibility for you to be offlined," my sire noted, "now there is, it's a safety issue."

         "Knockout there's always a safety issue," me carrier rolled her optics, finding the flaw in his logic, the same one I did, but that meant she had a counter to my potential argument. "We know what it's like to be targeted," she continued, "we don't want you on the run just to feel safe yet uncertain. It's just until this saboteur has been found."

I nodded, staring at the floor. I was surprised to feel their arms around me in a soft hug, so I looked up at them.

         "So- no more racing at all?"

They looked at each other before smirking.

         "Maybe not on Cybertron," my carrier chuckled. 

     We took a space bridge to Earth, my engine revving in excitement as we rolled onto the streets of Tokyo.

         "Wow-"

         "There's a race, legal but still fun," my sire informed with a chuckle and I headed towards the starting line, both taking the space on each side of me.

         "Oh, after this," my carrier started, "no more races."

         "No fair!"

(Thank you guys so much for reading my books! I'm sorry it's not any longer but I'm afraid even when I was writing this nearly a year ago it was going to be much shorter than Street Racer Darling. I mean- it's hard to top 100 chapters   ^^'  I will update later on with a picture of young Strykeout once I find his original drawing which is unfortunately packed.
I hope you check out my other books if you haven't! There's many more ideas to come for new books, one in the making already. 

Your grateful author- 

DatFandomGirl1 )