A Scare

~ Knockout's POV ~

     She was on the berth again- but this time I refused to leave her, even with pressing matters waiting behind me with wounds and torn parts. Ratchet mumbled how childish I was being but he didn't have to be sedated after a piece of his spark had been crushed, leaving him convulsing on the ground, not expecting his sparkmate to come back- No he didn't feel his spark wretch inside his chamber with a pain I thought I'd never feel. I heard Ultra Magnus try to earn my attention, but I ignored him as well as the others, simply staring at (Y/D)'s beautiful, tranquil faceplate. She was merely resting- I told myself over and over. I'm glad she was, resting long and peacefully as her wounds faded to being less critical. 

         "Knockout-" Rafael shifted into view of my optics, and I smiled tiredly.

         "Hello, Raf-" I greeted, "How is Strykeout?"

The mechling wasn't with his brother.

         "Still with Arcee- he wants Carrier... but," he looked to the still form of (Y/D).

        "She's healing," I assured, picking the little mech up, "See those vitals?" I pointed, "Those are her spark beat, it's rising 10% every hour. Soon we'll be able to take her off of life support and she'll heal on her own."

He nodded, but looked back to me.

         "Ultra Magnus told me that your energon rations are no longer being brought to you."

Of course that aft would-

         "And you played messenger bot?" I chuckled.

         "As well as black market specialist-" 

The little mech pulled an energon infuser from his subspace with a grin, and I had to laugh- One of the Autobot goody-goody human pets has been properly converted to Neutral.

         "You're a wonder," I told him as he let me take the ration, and I injected it into my protoform, "Bumblebee will be rather disappointed, although-"

         "I know," he admitted with a sigh, "but only if you rat me out."

         "My derma are sealed," I winked, then Rafael pointed to (Y/D).

         "She's smiling!"

     Indeed she was. She could hear us, I knew she could, always has been and I've spoken to her often. Though I will admit for awhile I simply brooded. Her digits twitched and the mechling took a soft hold on them. 

        "Get better Carrier-" he whispered.

         "So this is where you ran off to," Ratchet appeared behind us, making the two of us jump. He noticed the empty ration and I chuckled as he rose an optic brow.

         "I have connections in the black market."

         "Didn't expect anything less from a Neutral," Ratchet simply shook his helm as Raf and I chuckled, "Knockout you're ignoring your duties as a fellow medic and surgeon- (Y/D) is steadily rising in her health and stable."

         "I'm sorry- I thought having a piece of your spark die was cause for extended recuperation!" I barked at the older bot, making Raf flinch and I set him down, mumbling my apology, "I'm not leaving her side until she is fully healed and we are bonded."

         "You're acting like a brat of a sparkling, she's fine, others are not! No one has been able to repair her brother, though even Scythe admitted that he was gone far before we found the remains." I watched as (Y/D)'s derma frowned, and lubricant dusted an optic- "We're lucky her father was not badly scarred by the offlining of Shockwave. Everyone has lost someone, be glad you did not."

     I still didn't want to leave her side, but as I watched Raf whisper something in her audio, making his way out after, she smiled again. I wonder if I was making her frown by skipping my duties to keep watch over her.

         "Fine- you win. But that doesn't mean I won't be complaining and constantly asking about her wellbeing." I stood up after what felt like eons- My legs were stiff. I need an oil bath.

         "That's why Rafael will be watching over her in your place," the medic nodded and I just chuckled. Black market indeed- he sells to everyone.

     Several grueling hours later, I was only on the fifteenth patient. Seventeen more to go. The more critical ones I was doing first but there were more than I'd care to admit. The rising body count left corpses behind the building of bots from the Well or the battlefield. They'd sometimes not have the strength to hold on while on the operating table, but I will admit that may be my fault. I was to slow to realize my errored judgement.

         "Ratchet I need that energon transfusion-" I demanded, but it wasn't the clumsy, hefty servo that attached the tubing to the vehicon.

         "Such a slave driver-" (Y/D)'s voice rang like a sweet bell in my audio, and I couldn't help but grin. "What's next, doctor?"

~ (Y/D)'s POV ~

     I helped as best I could with the two medics, despite their bickering. We managed to push everyone else through before many more offlined from the excruciating wait. I was reunited with Strykeout and Rafael, hugging them closely after calming the sparkling down enough so he would finally refuel. I heard Rafael and Knockout's whispers as I lied on the medical berth with nothing to do but rest. I was unsure how to wake up until I simply- well for a moment I was frustrated, then I heard a low laugh- and I woke up. I'm sure it was Primus.

         "(Y/D)-"

         "Hush-" I stopped Knockout from speaking further with a digit to his derma, "I'm enjoying the silence."

He seemed impatient as we sat above the ground on a building, still being built from scratch but it was sturdy enough to hold our weight to watch the suns rise. 

         "I can't wait any longer," Knockout wrenched my attention to him, kissing me with a lonely desperation I had tortured him to bear for a few more seconds. I chuckled as I scooted closer, letting him wrap his arms around me, "Let me bond with you-" I heard his plea, "My spark can't handle another second without your closeness, please-"

         "Well if you would stop begging," I chuckled, hearing his own in my audio.

         "I was scared-"

         "So was I."