Ahlam's POV

Today is the day that I have been waiting for ever since I was a little girl. Mama always used to read me stories on the Prophet Muhammad, (pbuh) about his marriage to Khadijah (RA). Ever since mama began to tell me stories on their marriage, my love for Prophet Muhammad increased and made made me long for a husband who is going to follow the sunnah of our beloved prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

I had just prayed Tahajjud, I made dua that Allah Swt makes this day go smoothly and that he blesses our marriage. I can't seem to be able to fall back to sleep today after praying Tahajjud and Fajr salah, maybe it's because of the nerves. So I decided to engage in some dhikr. I recited Alhamdulilah in abundance as in Surah Nisaa it states "what would Allah Swt do with your punishment, if you are grateful and believe? And ever is Allah appreciative and knowing". (Quran 4:147). This ayah shows that Allah Swt would not punish someone those who are always grateful for the blessings we have been granted.

I remained laying in my bed, I could see the sun rising, subhanallah it was beautiful. The bright orange, yellow and red hues blended together to form a splendid sunrise. I heard a knock on my bedroom door, "come in!!". I shouted, baba walked in and took a seat on my bed. I looked to see him sitting there with tear filled eyes. Baba's eyes held soo much emotion I could feel the lump forming in my throat. "My jaan, I cant believe the day has come where you are no longer my responsibility. And I hand over the responsibility of caring and providing for you to Ayman". I could hear baba's voice cracking I couldn't be strong any longer I let the tears fall freely. I pulled baba into a hug, both of us cried in each other's embrace.

"Baba stop crying, I already feel like an emotional wreck. I don't think you understand how hard it is, for me to just pack away all of my things and get ready to start a new chapter  of my life baba. Every time I look over to see all of my things in suitcases it brings tears to my eyes. Inshallah this is will be a positive experience , and we should try not to be soo emotional."

"I know I'm trying hard to not let the emotions, get the best of me but I can't help it. Ok I need to get a grip of myself!!". Baba said to himself. "One thing I know for sure is that, Ayman will treat you like the princess you are. And I know I've said it time and time again but I have full faith in Ayman that he will follow his Islamic duties as a husband. Beta one piece of advice that I'd like to give you is. Always, always remain patient whatever the situation is and just be respectful, care for him and be a shoulder to lean on for Ayman as he will do the same for you. If you follow the advice I have given you, inshallah your time married together will be wonderful!

I went downstairs to see mama cooking. "Beta, hurry up! I've made prantha and omelette quickly eat and then the makeup artist should be here in an hour or so. You need to or the dress on as well before she arrives otherwise, your makeup will get ruined. "Yeah that's fine mama! Let me just enjoy my last breakfast here at home". "I don't think I've come to terms with it yet, it doesn't feel real. Like your getting married today!!". "I'm not going to get teary I'm trying to be strong because I know exactly how you are feeling right now. I know Ayman will treat you right and Inshallah you will settle in nicely with the Haq family!".

The makeup artist had arrived, I wanted the makeup artist to do a dewy and natural sort of look, so that one day when I look back at the wedding photos I don't want to look like a totally different person. She had finished my makeup, it looked absolutely flawless."Thank you soo much, I absolutely love my look!! May Allah swt put barakah in your business". Once she had left I decided to actually put some effort into styling my hair as, when Ayman sees my hair for the first time I don't want him to get scared of the birds nest at the top of my head. I decided to use a curling want and do some loose curls at the bottom of my hair. Normally at home I just leave my hair in a messy bun.