Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Okay boys, I'm going to get my book down here because you're not entertaining enough" I chuckled, emptying my seat at the comfy couch. I laughed, walking up the stairs as I heard them boo me in the background.

I went into my room and grunted at the mess. I couldn't find my book to save my life. I started picking up some clothes and as one thing leads to another I started tidying up my entire room. I ended up finding my book inside my makeup drawer and let out a big sigh of annoyance seeing it was covered in my foundation. "Why? Why do bad things happen to good people?" I mumbled as I walked towards the door, wiping it with a tissue.

I was on the other side of my door already when I received a text from Mylo. 

Do not come out of your room ple- 

I stopped reading and looked up at the two laughing figures walking towards me in the hallway. I felt my blood run cold and my heart tighten seeing the golden-haired boy having his arm around Victoria's neck. Her copper curly locks flowed smoothly over his toned bicep and he was smirking sneakily at whatever she has just said.

I blinked a few times, trying to convince myself that it was a delusion of some sort. They looked at me, Victoria's cheeks taking a matching hue to her hair. His facial features remained firm but his eyes exuded anger and frustration.

"Hello" I said awkwardly. Victoria quickly slipped out of his grasp and cleared her throat. "Uhm hi, how have you been?". I fumed slightly and smiled, showing her how cringey that question was in a friendly manner. "I--"

Eithan rolled his eyes and sighed. "We don't have to do this. This is painful to witness even for me, and I don't even care" He opened his bedroom door and wrapped his arm around Victoria's shoulder pulling her inside with him. "See ya later" he said calmly. Victoria didn't look at me as she was entering his room and neither did he.

I walked down to the living room slowly, replaying the scene in my mind. I looked at Mylo and he sighed. "I didn't read it quickly enough" I said accepting his hug. He nodded and handed me his earphones. I smiled sadly as a thank you and put on some sad lofi while opening my book, hoping it would distract me even in the least.

* * * * *

On March 14th I was instructed to do anything but be in the house. It was 2 days for my birthday and the boys were organizing a non-surprise surprise birthday party. I wasn't allowed to be involved in anything including the guest list but I didn't really mind, I was terrible at organizing anything at all. So I took Casey and went for a long hike.

I was told that I was allowed to come home for dinner so I returned roughly at 6 pm. Mylo and Oliver were giggling excitedly and I had to admit that their excitement was infectious.

They had decided to throw the party on the night of the 15th so they could bring out the cake at 12 am on the 16th. That's the only thing that was revealed to me so I could dress up for the occasion.

~The night of the party

I was nervous but I didn't know why. I hopped out of the shower, feeling my stomach churn with what I guessed was excitement. 

I slowly started to get ready, reminding myself constantly of Mylo's instructions. The theme of the party was formal which was a little weird. I imagined it resembling an American prom but I pushed the thought away and looked at my dress.

I decided to wear a dress I hadn't worn before. Someone gifted it to my dad for me at his wedding and we never found out who. I bit my lip nervously and put it on. It was tighter than I anticipated which made me insecure. I wasn't used to showing my figure but I took a big breath and looked at myself in the mirror.

The dress was black with long sleeves. The shiny, almost velvety dark fabric made my skin look translucent. The top was pretty covered despite the v cut that it had. I turned around once and frowned. It was touching the ground and I didn't want to get it dirty. 

I inspected myself, my eyes smiling at the girl in the reflection. I scrutinized the high slit, showing most of my left leg, for a while but I hadn't felt beautiful in so long. I hadn't felt this beautiful since the night I and Eithan had slept together. I sighed and wiped my watery eyes, being very thankful for the fact that I hadn't put my makeup on yet.

I did my makeup simply, doing a neutral burgundy smokey eye. I was fuming by the end as I nearly had a meltdown when I messed up my eyeliner. 

I put my black heels on and looked at myself once more in the mirror before putting on my favourite perfume. I smiled and approached my dresser, looking at the necklace my dad had given me for my sweet 16. A dainty silver chain, supporting a tear-shaped emerald that matched my eyes. I put it on, right when Mylo walked inside.

"Hey, we're almo--" he looked at me and his mouth fell open before forming a face-splitting grin. "Holy fuck.. you look amazing!". He came inside and closed the door behind him. "Oh my, so do you. Very fancy." I replied with a big approving smile, looking at him all formal in his total-black suit.

He hugged me tightly and I returned his embrace. "Some people are already here, I think everyone will be here in about an hour or so". "So uhm... who's everyone?" I asked with a nervous chuckle. He smirked in return. "Everyone you know. There will be around 60 people in here" he laughed. I felt my stomach turn. I never particularly enjoyed too much attention. "Aw come on, it's your big 18. And technically it's 50 because the family is already 10 people" he laughed. 

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine, go manage the crowd, I'll be there in 45." I smiled. "Don't worry, I'll make sure no one looks at you as you walk down the stairs, like a cheesy rom-com" he said teasingly as he was closing the door, leaving me in my empty room again.

I was glancing at my clock about every 30 seconds, listening to the noise downstairs become more intense. I bit my tongue when I saw that it was time to go downstairs.

'Okay, you got this' I thought to myself and stood up.

* * * * *

Hey, guys, I'm glad to be back on track. I hope I can upload at least twice a month. Hope you enjoy the story and again I'm sorry for being absent for so long. 

~Np❤️