Chapter Seventeen

"How did my life change so much in less than a year? For some reason, memories from the past are now so distant. I can remember the day my dad took me to that small local Italian restaurant and announced what he was planning, it is as clear as day in my mind. But everything before that is just a messy blur.. It felt weird, bad weird..

   But on the other hand, why am I even complaining? I have a big family like I always wanted, I have an amazing best friend, an amazing... Eithan." I crossed my arms and furrowed my eyebrows, stopping to write in my journal. Why couldn't I finish the sentence? What was he to me? He certainly wasn't my boyfriend, but he was acting like he was. It'd be extremely embarrassing to ask him something like that but I had to know how he felt about this whole situation.

   I blushed and smiled to myself. He did say 'Love you' the other day.. That felt kinda nice actually, I wasn't expecting it that's for sure. James told me that he was whining all night long about how his mum had interrupted us.. I giggled quietly but then sighed and bit the cap of my pen.

   That was another issue that must be resolved. How are we telling our parents? Will we tell them at all? Boy, this was tricky, how did I get myself into this?

   But... returning to my previous thoughts I had to find out what was going on between us, I wanted to know how he felt and what I was to him.. And I knew how. I nodded to myself and started writing down my, now in order, track of thought. A sly grin puffed my cheeks and I wondered why would any sane person be interested in someone like me.

*  *  *  *  *

   For the next three days, I made sure to ignore him a bit and by the end of the third day, he had definitely noticed something was off. Honestly, I kept thinking I should get a Petty award but what can you do. It was a Thursday and we had started on Monday morning at school.

   There I made sure to talk to many people, mostly males. Emma was in it too, she wanted to make James a bit jealous and that has worked until Monday afternoon. Emma and I would hang out at lunchtime with a few girls and a bunch of boys that were known to be "wanted bachelors".

   That didn't sit too well with either James, Noah or Eithan but we were having the time of our lives making a little fun of them. We did feel guilty but at the end of the day, we didn't do anything bad.

   We walked into the school and two of the boys greeted us. One was Aidan, his dark yet shiny brown hair shown under the calming morning light. His curly locks bounced as he walked towards us and his sparky blue-green eyes first lay on Emma. The second walked slightly behind him. Ryan jerked his chin to greet me and grinned as he ran his hand through his thick light brown hair. I internally cringed as his bright hazel eyes too shifted to my chest for a small moment.

   Ryan spoke first, his deep dominantly confident voice was heavy yet so playful and light. "Hello, ladies'' he smiled. "Good morning" said Emma with her cute high pitched voice. I bet that even these guys said "Awe" inside their heads. "Hi" I smiled warmly at them.

  They were considerably taller than us, especially Emma. In the corner of my eyes, I saw James and Eithan seething with anger, their cheeks bright red. This made me grin and giggle quietly which made them even angrier as they thought I was laughing with the guys.

   As we were talking, James called Emma and she excused herself but I stayed with them to talk. Eithan came after a while, "casually passing by" and tapped my shoulder. Ryan and Aidan were clearly taller than him which made him pout. "Hey Liv can we talk for a little?" he asked and smiled. "Uhm.. later" I smiled back. "I'm a little busy right now" I added and smiled warmly.

Ryan smiled at him. "Yeah, don't worry, she's in good hands.." Aidan nodded in agreement but the mockery in his eyes was more than visible. Eithan's eye twitched but he kept his "trying too hard to be calm" smile. "It's a bit important" he said. "I'm sure it's nothing you can't handle" I replied happily. "Come on man, don't be a bitch about it. We'll take care of her.." said Aidan with a throaty chuckle.

Eithan fumed enraged and grabbed my arm. "Yeah right, as if a dickhead like you could ever take care of anything but your hair" he said and his eyebrows crinkled. Aidan's eyebrows rose in amazement. "Huh, certainly your mouth is bigger than your whole body.. certainly bigger from some parts of it.." he smirked, looking down at him.

I frowned, it was getting a little out of hand. "Eithan let's just go." I sighed but he then gripped my arm tighter and pointed at me. "Look at her closely. Mine!" he said like a child with candy. My cheeks filled with colour as Aidan and Ryan rolled their eyes and walked away.

He let go of my arm and squeezed the bridge of his nose, his hand trembling slightly. "Why did--" I began but he didn't let me finish. "Sh! Just don't speak will you?" he sighed, trying to compose himself. I sighed and folded my arms.

I waited for a couple of seconds and rolled my eyes. "What was that?" I frowned. "Now I'm not allowed to talk to people?" I said. "You can talk to whoever you want, just not them" he spat. I raised my eyebrow. "So I'm prohibited from talking to cute boys just because you're jealous?". He clenched his fist. "I didn't say that..." he growled. "Really? Would you have reacted like that if I were talking to someone ugly?" I frowned.

His ears blushed lightly. "Whatever" he rolled his eyes. "Yes. Exactly Eithan. It's not like you're my boyfriend or something right?" I said and picked up my bag, walking to my next class. He didn't follow me and I didn't know whether that was good or bad...

*  *  *  *  *

We didn't speak the rest of the day but later that night I heard a soft knock on the door. "Come in" I said casually and put my phone to charge. He walked in and his face reminded me cotton when she had gotten on my bed with no permission. "Hey" he said and walked to me, sitting on the bed by my feet. "Hey" I sighed softly and smiled.

"I'm sorry for this morning, I didn't mean to be an ass" he scratched the back of his head. "It's alright, just take it easy next time.." I smiled softly and he nodded. "As for what you said" he blushed deeper. "It kinda hurt me, I thought we were a thing now.." he looked down with puppy dog eyes. I looked at him and blinked in surprise. "Well uhm.. you've never asked so I thought we weren't.."

He looked up at me. "I haven't huh?" he sighed softly. He shifted closer to me. "So uhm.. do you want to be a thing? Like, be my girlfriend" he whispered and looked away embarrassed. It was so adorable. I smiled and blushed. "Yeah I do you big idiot" I kissed his cheek and he sighed. "This is killing me y'know, you could've asked yourself.." he pouted softly and I chuckled. "Maybe next time..."

*  *  *  *  *

Hey you guys, I'm sorry this is so late but I'm so stuck at the moment 😭 I'm so unsatisfied with this chapter and I'm sorry if it's boring but I didn't want to delay the chapter, even more, I've been struggling with how I will end the story so the next one might be a little delayed too 😪😭😞

~Np❤️