Chapter 12

Itachi was in a daze. His thoughts lay elsewhere- or more specifically, to what had happened a few days ago. The churning of his stomach was an anxious yet somehow, delightful feeling. One may call him a masochist for enjoying such a sensation, but who was one to judge if he or she had felt the jittery, small metaphorical butterflies in his or her own stomach? 

He absentmindedly scratched his chin, standing still in front of the massage bed. The memories slaughtered him gleefully as they replayed over and over. He shuddered in ecstasy, recalling how deep he had buried himself in her warmth and in a moment of loss of control, he had bitten her neck to mark her as his. 

The mention of this very room was just enough to erect a happy response from deep within his core and he knew it would never be the same again- not as it was, before. Very uncharacteristically, he pouted, his bottom lip just slightly pushing out to display his change of mood. When would she visit him again? He had wondered, his eyes slightly glazing over from his thoughts once again. Would they... would they perhaps, try again? 

After their moment of intimacy, she had not returned to see him since, which led him to thinking he possibly should have refused her tempting, tantalizing offer. But no, a man had wild hormones and who was he to rebuke her from his anatomy? 

His lonesome presence was soon broken by the sounds of hurried footsteps and a boisterous, cheerful "Itachi!" 

"Yes, Shisui?" he responded, turning to face the man. He was accustomed to his cousin taking multiple breaks from his receptionist job, however irksome it was. Everyday was a busy day for the spa and to have his receptionist- only receptionist, he added silently in his mind- disappearing wherever was troublesome.  

"I'm a short break right now," Shisui said sheepishly, scratching the back of his head to indicate his chagrined state. He clapped his hands together then and sent him a pleading look. "I know, I know! I take too many breaks but I promise I'll sit my ass on the chair and be a good receptionist after I tell you this!" 

Itachi stared impassively and quite unimpressed at his cousin's declaration. He inclined his head ever so slightly, motioning for him to go on.  

Shisui leaned towards him, his voice a hushed but excited whisper. "[Name]'s here!" 

His announcement had taken Itachi by surprise, for he raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "I was not aware she had an appointment for today," he said, his voice clipped. How could Shisui not have disclosed this to him? 

Shisui merely shrugged as a means of apology and grinned. "Well, she called for an impromptu appointment an hour ago and I couldn't turn her down." He added appreciatively, "I couldn't say no because she's funny and feisty." 

An utter hellcat in bed, Itachi further said silently. "I suppose I should greet her now," he finally said to his cousin, who smirked deviously in return.  

"Yeah, I suppose you should," Shisui shot back, full out grinning. "Just a side note, I could hear the two of you, as much as either of you believed you were being quiet." He left the room with his lively whistling accompanying him. 

Itachi was left behind in his stupor, mulling over Shisui's words. Should he be mortified or be arrogantly proud and confident? He shook his head, unable to settle on either and went to greet his lover. 

"[Name]," he addressed ever so politely, the corners of his mouth twitching every now and then. "Are you here for a massage or for our other services?" His inquiry contained a double entendre, his eyes flickering to her lips for a second before glancing at her eyes. He noticed they weren't shining in mischief or happiness as usual, which led him to wonder what had occurred. 

She nodded and returned his greeting just as amiably, "Itachi. Yes, just here for a massage." She walked over to him and her dainty fingers gently wrapped his now tense, stiff arm. "Please, by all means lead the way." Her tone was a no-nonsense and serious one. 

He felt a sense of dread climbing from his gut to his heart chambers, oozing distress along the way. "Of course," he managed to say. His mouth had gone dry, unable to even conjure any conversation as the walk was silent and heavy. 

When they arrived at the usual room, she stepped in and practically dragged him in along with her. He was puzzled but followed her lead none the less, shutting the door. She released him from her grip, he thought quite regretfully, and she faced him abashedly. Her cheeks were flushing beautifully under the dim lights, accentuating the exquisiteness of her features. He was shortly captivated by her allure, however the moment was shattered when she said softly, "I'm sorry." 

"What for?" he asked, his befuddlement growing greater to her change of attitude. 

"For our rendezvous. My stress levels have been high and my avidity for intimacy was uncontrolled," she admitted. 

"It's alright," he input smoothly. "Although I wouldn't mind to repeat it again..." He lowered his voice for added, sensual effect. 

"No," she said abruptly. "It can't happen again." 

Apparently, she was the bringer of horrible news today. "Why, if I may ask?" His eyes narrowed in suspicion, refusing to believe her words. 

"I'm..." she trailed off in hesitation before she continued determinedly, "I'm dating someone." She avoided his piercing, furious gaze. 

Words couldn't even begin to express how he felt. Rage consumed his whole form and he half-expected steam to emanate, evaporating hot, misty air from his being. "You're dating?" he asked, or perhaps snarled, the fury in his words palpable.  

She seemed to shrink from his dangerous aura, biting her lip very nervously. "Yes. Danzo. I hope you understand..." she began to say before he cut her off. 

"Danzo? You believe such a decrepit, ancient man is much better off suited as a lover for you than I?" His tone was incensed and livid before he shook his head, chuckling a bit, incredulous at her choice and timing. Really, Danzo of all men? He was an old, scowling man who was the head of Shimura Co. Despite his cranky demeanor, he enjoyed the frolicking of young women around him and [Name] was in that category of "young women." 

She looked frightened of his sudden intimidating, towering stature. She licked her lips, unaware of his eyes following the movement. She said morosely, "I apologize Itachi. I really, really am truly sorry for even initiating such a thing-" 

"Why him?" He sounded so exhausted, but he was still bitter and agitated from her abhorrent decision. 

"You wouldn't understand," she answered quietly. It was all she would give him and he was breathing heavily from the myriad of emotions coming at him. "Leave," he said with grit teeth. She lightly touched his arm in apology as she walked past him. He shivered from her contact, feeling his control wither. It took all of him to not throw her back on the bed and take her, make her scream until her voice was coarse. Make her scream and cry as he pounded relentlessly into her. Make her realize he was the only one for him.  

He did none of that though, and the woman who held his amorous affections opened the door, leaving him with a heavy heart. 

In his fit of rare violence, he punched the wall. 

Sorry for the late update and I hope you all enjoyed~

Beneath the Surface [Yandere!Itachi x Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें