Chapter 7

"I was not aware you knew of my brother or the basis of my relations with him." Hopefully, she wouldn't catch the amount of tension in his voice. He continued to massage her softly but firmly, awaiting her reply. 

"I was delightedly acquainted with your brother a few weeks ago- Ow!" She winced in pain and oh the horror, he unconsciously pressed down a little too callously. 

His hands were trembling as he lifted them from their places. "I... I must apologize for my carelessness. Please forgive me." 

How dare you injure her you fool! 

It was a mistake. My fury has gotten the best of me, he thought sorrowfully. 

"I'll excuse your miscalculation if you save me a dance for tonight." 

His head quickly snapped to where the face hole was. Did he hear correctly? She wanted to dance with him? Maybe there was hope for him after all... Indeed, the Gods showed they were on his side. 

"I promise," he proclaimed quietly, strong conviction in his voice. He hummed softly to the dreamy melody as he returned to caressing her lovely, glowing skin. 

Perhaps my reverie of making love in an empty room will come true tonightBut Sasuke needs to be dealt with. We'll need a brother-to-brother discussion, he growled to himself. 

The minutes ticked by and her session ended. 

This time, he managed to restrain the urge of rushing to the security room. He had reasoned with himself that it wouldn't do any good to rouse suspicion among her and the security guard, although he could easily dismiss the man in the room. 

"I'll see you tonight?" she asked hesitantly. He could hear the expectation coming from her and that was enough for him to nod his head. 

"Brilliant!" She smiled, showing her straight dentures at him.  

He couldn't help but return the smile as it was contagious. As she was about to turn to face and leave, she released a startled, "Oh! I forgot something!" 

Unexpectedly, she neared him; the wafting smell of delicious vanilla would now forever be imprinted on his clothes, or so he hoped. She tiptoed and kissed his cheek as he was stunned by her bold action. Without waiting for a reciprocating response, she said her farewell and left hurriedly, much to his disappointment. 

But the smooth, succulent feel of her lips was a short, beginning taste of what would happen tonight. By the end of it all, she would be his. He would make sure of it. 

Suited in the most expensive suit he could find on shorthand, he was confident he could win her over. If not, Itachi Uchicha always had an alternative measure. After all, many women preyed on him with their greedy eyes, drinking him in as his appearance in these celebrations would be the first in a while. 

He took a sip of his champagne as he waited for her. 

And then he saw her in her beautiful low-cut dress that showed off her cleavage and legs wonderfully. No doubt males would be gazing after her lustfully. His eyes zoned in on the escort next to her, the petite arm wrapped around his little brother's. He stifled an angry growl. He set the wine glass on the table a little too angrily. 

Calm yourself. Tonight is the night, as you've repeated to yourself many times like a mantra, his conscience ordered. 

You're absolutely correct. He forcibly relaxed himself. It's time to put on a show

He sauntered over to her, assurance surrounding his aura. When she spotted him, she greeted him and he gently took her hand, kissing the back of it. 

"You're very beautiful tonight," he complimented.  

Do not look at her bosom. 

She charmingly laughed, thanking him. That's when his foolish little brother interrupted their moment, coughing. 

"I didn't know you knew Itachi," Sasuke practically sneered his name, disgust clearly lacing his tone.  

"He's an amazing person!" [Name] acclaimed. Her arm was still around the crook of his elbow, Itachi unhappily noticed. 

"On the contrary, [Name]. He's more like the polisher of my shoes. Shall we dance?" Sasuke pulled her forcefully, purposely to get away from Itachi himself. 

Itachi grabbed her free arm and she halted, curiously turning to look at him. "I promised earlier, do you recall?" He inwardly pleaded to the Gods that she would choose him over Sasuke. 

"Ah, that's right!" Her face lit up beautifully, wrenching her arm free from his brother's grip. His heart clenched in pleasure as he heard her response. "Sasuke, you don't mind if I dance with him first?" 

"… Go ahead," Sasuke muttered disdainfully. He sent a jeer as he walked away, holding his remaining pride and dignity while doing so. 

Itachi was ecstatic. As he led her to the dance floor, there was the sound of screeching as the microphone came on. 

"Hello everyone. I thank you all for coming here today, to celebrate the glorious anniversary of Uchiha Corporations. I would like to also thank you all for the support and hope this continues on for a very long time. Please enjoy your time tonight!" A booming voice sounded amiably and cheerfully to which he recognized it was his father's.   

Sounds of applause occurred after as the people began to go for the dance floor as well. 

His hand wrapped around her waist as her hand and chest came to rest on his shoulder and chest respectively. Their free hands laced together and it brought him the most powerful feeling of intimacy and affection. 

They swayed together, to the beat of the instrumental melody. It was sedating and everything he could have asked for in this moment. She could most likely discern the fast and nervous heartbeat as she laid her head on his chest. 

When the dance was over, he led them over to the fancy buffet, grabbing a glass of champagne for his lady.

It was time.

I will not wait any longer. 

"Look," he pointed suddenly to the opposite direction as it was meant for her to take in the distraction. As she glanced elsewhere, he slipped in a small pill in her drink. 

"I don't understand what I'm supposed to be noticing." 

He shrugged and handed the glass to her. "You missed it but no need to worry. The champagne also seems to be extra fizzy tonight." 

She seemed to accept his answer as she took a sip. He watched the delicate muscles in her throat work tauntingly as he felt the very familiar tightening in his groin. 

A few minutes, he coaxed himself. Be patient. 

"How are you enjoying this so far?" he asked. 

"Very well, thank you. I suppose dancing with you made it better." She consumed more of the wine, causing elation to spread through his body. 

"I'll take that as a compliment." 

As he engaged her with a few more questions, she began to squirm uncomfortably. Noticing her discomfort, he queried, "Is there something wrong?" 

"I'm not sure," she admitted. "I don't feel like I'm in the best shape right now." 

He deliberately rubbed her arm as to express his comfort, knowing well it would do the opposite. 

She quietly gasped and as her eyes met his, all he could see was the fervor and desire in her dilated pupils. 

It's time.