One-shot

You and Allister are already in a relationship. No story progress was made during this chapter. There are some spoilers, but nothing that should give too much away.

Title: Hot Damn

You were exhausted, no thanks to your stubbornness despite many warnings from Oleana. You don't know what made you think all this was an okay idea, but you wish you could go back in time to low sweep yourself when you did.

You had been invited to a convention. Normally this wouldn't deter you, as you went to conventions all the time even before you were champion. But it didn't occur to you that you were attending as a featured guest. You went in completely blind and unprepared.

Your fans were swarming you left and right. You couldn't go see the stands without being noticed. When you finally got to your stall, Oleana was already giving you an earful. You almost started to feel bad for Mr. Rose. Once that fiasco was over with, you had to deal with the longest line of fans that you've ever seen. You had to write so many autographs, your hand was cramping so bad. It's a good thing Dr. Harris Bonkers Ph.D. has been learning to forge your signature. You're not sure how, why, or when he learned to do that, so you should probably watch him extra closely.

Then came to break time. Oleana graciously ordered you a salad from a nearby restaurant. With that salad devoured, you set off on a quest so dangerous, you weren't sure you'd make it out alive. Finding a birthday gift for Allister. But since you didn't want to get swarmed again, you needed a disguise. That's when Hop and Victor suddenly appeared. You don't know what luck you had but you hoped it'd keep on coming. Hop was happy to lend you his lab coat and nerd glasses, while victor graciously lent you his beanie. Then you began your journey for the second time in your life.

Normally, you'd also have Tank walk by your side. Just to have extra company and a second opinion, but you can't have him out or else you'd get recognized. Finding something for Allister wasn't easy. You wanted to give him something that conveyed "Hey, I like you so much I can't control myself! Let's be with each other forever!" But you feel like that's a bit too high of a standard. I mean, for goodness sake, you're looking through stalls at a convention. You wished you had Tank with you at that moment.

You went from stall to stall, trying desperately to find something for Allister. Although you bought a lot of things for yourself, nothing really spoke to you. Until you came across three certain stalls. The first stall was selling old games that weren't in the making anymore. You remember Allister feeling nostalgic about a game and found it there. Deciding a video game night would be a wonderful way to spend a birthday, you bought the game Allister was nostalgic for (plus the console and a couple of other games for yourself).

The second stand had cute little spherical displays (that resembled a Pokeball) that had small pokemon figures inside little habitats. There were random pokemon types inside, even one that contained the original legendary bird trio. The one that caught your eyes contained a Chesnaught and a Mimikyu lying underneath a surprisingly detailed cherry blossom tree in a graveyard. Being reminded of your sixth outing with Allister, you bought it immediately. You even gave the vendor one of your autographed rare league cards.

The third stall, well...