Stow-on-Side

That's... Interesting. Allister woke up today, feeling strange. Well, stranger than usual. It wasn't bad, thank goodness for that, but it felt like something major is going to happen today. He sat up in his bed, he could feel Gengar's presence nearby. His eyes lit up as he looked around the room and landed on his closet. He felt a smile creep on his face. Leaving the warmth of his bed, he shuffled to his closet. He didn't even raise his arm to open it before it swung open by itself. Yellow eyes seemed to pierce through Allister and a maniacal grin crossed its face.

"Good morning Gengar." Allister put his hands to where Gengar's face should be.

Gengar closed his eyes and leaned into his hand. "MoOOrn."

Gengar disappeared and Allister moved to get ready for the day. Yup, nothing out of the ordinary here. His shower thankfully went uninterrupted and when he got out, his clothes were laid neatly on his bed. The only thing missing was his mask. It was well known by everyone that he has many masks. His father, the previous owner of the Stow-on-Side gym who's occupation was electric types, made an invention that works like a pokemon box link. All his masks are kept in there as if they were a kind of pokemon. That way, he always has masks on him wherever he goes.

He presses a button on the box link and a recognizable mask appears. He straps the mask to his face and breathes in. It smells like onion. Before he could walk out the door, he turns his head back to his bed. "I'll meet you at the stadium."

His home was quite modern than what'd you'd expect from living in Stow-on-Side. It still kept the aesthetic the town has, but not the charm. That's just what you'd get though when your dad is a famous inventor. Sadly though, he's not around that much, and neither is his step-mum. He can't blame them though, work is work. Bea, however, was in the kitchen eating Oatmeal when she saw her step-brother come in. "Good morning, Allister. Left your breakfast in the microwave."

"Thanks..." Allister sat at the dinner table and ate his breakfast in silence. His relationship with Bea was strange. Two years ago, his dad and her mum got married and here they are. Not to say they don't get along. They get along quite well. While Bea is not one for superstitions, living with Allister has made it hard for her to pinpoint any logical explanations with her new family when she'd near them. Nonetheless, they still get along fine and even confided in each other.

"Today's the last day you're open, right?" Allister nodded. "Got anyone coming in?"

Allister paused. Oh. Right. You and that chairman endorsed psychic type user is coming in today. He shouldn't have a problem with him, but you were going to annihilate him. "Yeah... two... (Y/N) and Bede."

"(Y/N)? I figured she'd come in already." Allister shook his head. "Well, at least she's not showing up last minute to every battle, right?" Allister stayed silent. "Oh my- she is, isn't she? What kind of person endorsed by the Champion think this is adequate behavior?" Allister also won't tell Bea that you've been beating all the gym leaders with only one pokemon. He knows that'll only tick Bea off some more. Bea huffs, "Well then, let's not dilly dally. You've got a gym challenge to take care of, and I have ass to kick at the dojo. You are done, right?" Allister nods. Bea picks up his half-eaten plate and puts it on the counter. Allister hops off his chair, grabs his black and purple duffle bag, and leaves his home without making a sound.

His house was on the outskirts of town so he'd have to walk a bit. He knows he could call a flying taxi, but he wouldn't want to bother the drivers of what would be a very short flight. He sure wished he did call one today though. He could see journalists up ahead and no way he can avoid them. 'Oh crumbs.'

Before Allister could turn back, a journalist saw him and immediately made a B-line to Allister, which only attracted the rest of the journalists. "Mr. Allister, what can you tell me about the upcoming battle with the champion endorsed challenger?"