Nessa's Flow

Bea instantly saw a change in Allister's mood after that day. He wakes up early, he offers to help Bea clean up the gym, he asks if Bea wants to train against his pokemon, he's just out of his room more often. It's great, just one problem though, it's been three days and he hasn't stopped helping. Don't get Bea wrong, she's happy Allister is enjoying himself and having a more positive outlook on life. Plus all that extra training is great for both of them and will pay off in the end. It's just strange seeing Allister more optimistic after coming back home like he was on the brink of death. You're probably the one to thank here.

Bea watched as her step sibling vacuumed the floor while humming a tune as she cooks dinner. She won't lie and say it's a bother to her. All of Allister's help has greatly been appreciated. She just worries he's going to have a sudden realization sooner or later that if he doesn't do anything soon, something bad will happen and he'll start to overthink things and give up on this whole thing. She has to do something. Allister needs to overcome his fears and Bea will be damned if she doesn't do anything to get her favorite potential power couple doesn't come to life. It's just too cute to not support. When Allister finished vacuuming, Bea finished cooking dinner. Out of the two of them, Bea has a better handle on food than Allister does. Then again, Bea isn't at shoulder length with the counter.

"Dinner's hot, so be careful," Bea told as she grabbed bowls for them. "Did you feed our teams?"

Allister nodded. "Their outside. Don't worry, I made sure your pokemon got their favorite berries this t-time." He took the bowl from Bea and poured himself some of the soup and sat down with Bea.

Bea beams. "Thanks a lot, Alli. You've been an excellent help recently. Like seriously, who knew you had it in you to be active when you're not running a gym."

"I'm not always inactive."

"I know, I'm just making fun. I'm happy I'm not actively trying to bust your door down just to get you to do some chores. It's a nice change of pace." Allister nodded and then dinner fell silent. It wasn't awkward, thank goodness for that, but Bea was probably gonna make it happen anyway. Oh well, Allister's love life depended on it and so did Bea's OTP. Bea cleared her throat. "So, what else do you have going on?"

"What d-do you mean?"

"Oh, you know. What else do you have up your sleeve to sweep (Y/N) off her feet before finally confessing how in love you are with her?"

Allister dropped his spoon into the soup, making a small splatter. Oh wow, he didn't have anything. Who would've thunk? "... Um, n-nothing, I guess."

Bea looked at Allister dead in the eye. "Have you been rereading that post and text message over and over again?"

Allister slumped back into his chair. "Um... N-no?"

Bea pinched the bridge of her nose. She can't believe what she was hearing, and when he did so well too. "Allister, you cannot just give her a flower and then ghost her like that."

Allister sat back up in his chair quickly, almost knocking his soup over. "W-well why not? Did you see how I almost destroyed what extremely little p-potential we probably never had? Why r-risk doing anything else if there's no way it'll work?"

"Point made, and I understand where your coming from. Hear me out though, you're just stressing yourself out and overthinking this whole thing. If you don't do anything soon though, possibly another three or four weeks, give and take with your track record of getting to things, someone else is going to come along in (Y/N) life, and then you are certainly screwed."

Allister looked down. Bea's right as usual. Man, she's good at that. "What do you suggest then?"

"I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't know. I'm lacking in the romance department, so I can't say. Although, I can tell you to avoid doing the flower thing again. Repetition can get pretty dull and will only do so much."