"That would be great. It's almost my lunchtime anyways. I'll just get my bag." I say as I get back in.

"Hey Stella, I'll be going out for lunch today. Will you be able to manage without me?" I ask whilst packing my bag.

"Sure hun. Is it baby daddy you going with?" She smirks. Stella being my boss, I had to tell her about my pregnancy and she has been so supportive of me. She would make sure I wasn't stressing too much, that I had my meals on time, I wasn't standing for long and so on.

"No actually, it's Mike.  I say with a sheepish smile. I'm so thankful that she reminded me of my baby daddy. I better call and inform him about this lunch. As it is, he isn't that big fan of Mike or any guys who I'm friends with.

I guess some things never change.

I dial his number up as I get into the elevator.

"Why isn't he picking?" I groan as I try again. It rings a couple of times before I hang up. I press for the ground floor and wait. I think I'll just call Jackson later. I'm sure he must be busy.

****

"So how is it going at the daycare?" Mike asks as he takes a bite of the veal.

"It's going pretty good actually. Taking care of those adorable munchkins is something I'll never get bored of." I say with a soft smile.

"But, the pay is really menial to look after a huge house that I am living in right now." I say with a chuckle. This is something that was always bothering me. I used to manage things with the savings I had and the ones dad left behind. But they will run out at some point and there will be a time I won't have enough to take care of the house, especially with the baby now. There's going to be so many expenses!

"I understand. How about your old job? You can always go back to that work yeah? I mean, nothing is holding you back here, in Fairfield." He says.

"There's a lot actually." I mumble under my breath.

"Pardon?" He says.

"Oh Uhm, nothing. I just said that I'll think about it. You do have a good point there." I say with a tight lipped smile. We eat in silence for a few minutes before my phone went off. I see Jackson's name across the screen.

"Please excuse me for a minute," I say as I head towards the restroom.

"Hello, sweetie," I answer.

"Baby." I hear his deep voice from the other side of the line.

"Where are you? You're not in the daycare." He says.

"Ohh yes I had called you a while ago to say that I'll be having lunch with Mike today. Didn't you get my missed calls?"

"I did, but I thought that was because I didn't call you the whole day today. It was really busy back here."

"That's alright. I'm here-"

"You could've texted me, you know. I wouldn't have walked for half hour all the way to your daycare." He says dejectedly. Shoot! Why didn't I leave a message? How did that just slip out of my mind?!

"Honey I'm so sorry! It just slipped out of my mind. Why didn't you come in Clifton's car?" I say slapping my palm on my forehead.

"It's alright Rosie. Clifton had to drive to his friends' place for something. I'm gonna hang up now. I have to make it back to the shop soon." He says.

"Will you come over tonight?" I ask expectantly.

"No baby. I have to work late tonight. As I said, it is pretty packed in the shop. I don't want you to stay up so late waiting for me. I'll see you tomorrow morning. I'll drop by your place before I head to work." He says softly.

"Alright." I sigh.

"Take care, pumpkin. I love you." He says gently.

"Love you too." I mumble sadly.

I feel so awful. Jackson would normally drive to the daycare during lunchtime. But out of all the days, today only he had to walk, the day when I was not even there! I let out a sad sigh and head towards my table.

"Hey is everything okay?" Mike asks with a concerned look. I smile and nod my head.

"Perfect," I mumble.

"Good evening, what would you like to order?" The voice from the speaker in the drive-through says.

"Hello, I would like to have two cheeseburgers, two large fries and an Oreo shake." I order. I feel terrible about what I did to Jackson, today. So as compensation, I thought of dropping by in his apartment with some food. He did say he'll be late tonight, but I can wait. I have to make it up to him for what I did today.

10 minutes later, here I stand before Jackson's doorstep. I ring the bell just to make sure that he is not home. Since no one answered the door, it was definite that he is still at work.

So the wait begins now.

I lean against the door, scrolling through my phone to pass time. After a couple of minutes, I started to get tired so I sat down on the floor, cross legged. I continued scrolling through my phone till my stomach growled loudly, begging for food.

"Are you hungry, baby?" I mumble, looking at my stomach. I rub my belly as I pop a French fry into my mouth. I started getting frustrated and checked the time.

7:47 PM.

Ugh, there is still plenty of time. It isn't good to keep the baby hungry. It's better if I eat now. But I wanted to have dinner with Jackson, I haven't seen him the whole day! I take a sip of my Oreo shake as I dial Jackson's number. I should just tell him to make it quick. He would rather stay the night over in the shop if he could. My mood went downhill after finding that his phone has been switched off.

Ugh, this is so bad, I'm starving! I shove my mobile into my bag and stuff my mouth full of fries. I continued munching on my fries when a tear slides down my cheek.

"I just wanted to have dinner with my boyfriend." I cry with a mouthful of food.

This shouldn't be the time for my hormones to intervene.

I wipe my face and unwrap one of the burgers. I can't let my baby starve for so long. He shouldn't come home so late. Doesn't he know that his pregnant girlfriend is waiting for him outside his apartment? Oh, wait. He doesn't. I let out another sob whilst take a huge bite off my burger.

This is delicious.

I wipe my hands and face before checking the time.

8:38 PM.

Will he ever come home? I have been waiting for like an eternity. My stomach let out another growl, indicating that the food I just had wasn't enough. I let my eyes wander around the burger and fries I bought for Jackson. Well, I'm carrying his baby, I deserve to eat his share of food. Being pregnant is no child's game buddy. Without any further delay, I gulp down the second burger, occasionally munching on the fries too.

9:26 PM.

I sit in the same position as before whilst slurping on my Oreo shake. I let out a loud long burp, rubbing my full belly.

"I guess I'm having twins. My actual baby and my food baby." I mumble, leaning back against the wall with my eyes closed. Heavy meals make me very drowsy. Moreover, my bedtime is heading near. WHERE THE HELL IS HE? I'm going to break up with him for making me wait. Immediately, the elevator door opens and the silent corridor was filled with two heavy footsteps.

"Rosie?!" Jackson exclaims as his steps come to halt. He looks at me with wide eyes, his hands tucked in the pockets of his jacket.

"Oh hey, baby." I yawn. A pair of strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me upwards.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, not looking so happy.

"Oh, I bought you dinner." I say as I wave the empty takeout bag.

"Oop sorry I ate all the food. I was really hungry." I say with a sheepish smile. I look over Jackson's shoulder and see Clifton standing behind him, confusion written all over his face.  I wave at him with a bright smile and say,

"Hey, Clif!"