Chapter-16

Rose

I walk down the school hallway and come to a halt when I see Jackson through the window, practising soccer in the deserted court. I see him eyeing the ball that is kept at a distance from the goalpost. He takes two deep breaths through his mouth and backtracks a couple of steps before he sprinted towards the ball, kicking it with full force. The ball goes flying and lands right into the goalpost.

I smile softly at him and make my way toward the court. I take small, quiet steps as I approach him from behind. Jackson, being completely oblivious to my presence, bends over to adjust the ball back into its former position. I make use of this opportunity and,

*SMACK!*

"Hey, smexy," I say deepening my voice whilst smacking his gorgeous butt. He gets startled and turns around promptly.

"Oh my. Did you just smack my ass?" He asks with amusement.

"I sure did, babe," I say whilst giving him a bright smile.

"Woah! You seem to be in a good mood." He says, grinning.

"You bet your cute little butt that I am." I say patting his butt lightly.

"Damn. What is that I can do to put you in this mood forever?" He says with a sly smirk. I smirk back and go closer to him.

"Nothing much. Just be pretty, as always."

"You are totally wild today yeah?" He says huskily whilst pulling me by the belt loop of my jeans.

"Well, my boyfriend is so hot that I can't help but become wild." I say with a sly grin.

"Oh yeah? I like this wild side." He says before taking my lips into a sweet soft kiss. I pull away and place my hands on his broad shoulders.

"What are you doing here all alone?" I ask.

"Practice for today is over, I just stayed back because I wasn't satisfied with my performance." He says while playing with my braided hair.

"What are you doing here though?" He asks sceptically.

"I was in the library, honey. I had some homework to do that I didn't want to take home."

"Ohh yes I should've guessed that's where my nerdy girlfriend would be." He says teasingly before kissing me on my forehead. I slightly smack his chest before my eyes fall on the football.

"Hey Jackson, teach me how to play soccer." I say, jumping on the balls of my feet.

"Seriously? Since when were you interested in soccer?" He asks as he casually picks up the ball from the ground.

"Since this minute. Now come on, teach me." I say as I tug on his arm.

"Alright alright. Before we go into the basics, try kicking this ball into the goalpost." He says as he places it in front of me. I fold the sleeves of my top till my elbow and backtrack a few steps, just like how Jackson did a few minutes ago. I run with all the power I had and swing my right leg forward to kick the ball.

Whatever happened next, took place in slow motion. I swing my leg forward, hoping to hit the ball, but I ended kicking the ankle of my other leg. My left leg got displaced from the ground and I fell on my butt. In the midst of all this, the ball remains in the same spot, untouched.

"Holy shit!" Jackson laughs as he crouches down to balance himself with his laughter.

"Ouuucchhh! Stop laughing and help me up, Jackson." I groan. I guess I broke my butt bone. Jackson somehow composes himself and comes to me, holding me by my waist and lifting me to stand. As soon as I put my weight on the left leg, a sharp pain shoots through my ankle.