Chapter 12: The Truth Hurts

Angel: Sorry for being so late guys, I've got A LOT going on right now. Don't worry, I didn't forget about you all. So let's cut the talk and jump right in, just after the disclaimer...

Yami: Angel doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh! or any of its characters, but she does own the plot so don't steal.

------------------------------------------------------

Finally the end of the day arrived for the students of Domino High. In less than a minute after the bell, teens began pouring out the doors like a great flood. After just five minutes the flood of teens was already almost completely clear, among the few who were left were two young boys with gravity defying hair. Silently walking side by side until they reached the destination of their home, the taller of the two unlocked the door with his keys and held it open for the shorter young man. The younger looking one thanked him and went inside, followed closely by the elder.

"So Yugi", the older started after he put his bag near the door, "You said you still had a few more questions for me about my past at lunch, correct?". Yugi shook his head and sat his own bag next to his brother's one, "I do, Yami. First, what was the name of that woman?". Yami looked up at the ceiling in thought, "Her name... her name was Edith". "That's a lovely name, do you know where she is now?", Yami had a look of sadness strike his face as he cast his gaze to the floor. "My kidnappers burned down the village just a week after I had left", he replied with a sad tone.

"Oh, I'm sorry", Yugi said trying to comfort him. Yami looked up at him and smiled, "Thanks Yugi, I really appreciate it". Yugi smiled back in response, "No problem, you look like you needed a little cheering up". "Anyway, I also had another question. How come you never tried contacting your brother even after you came to Domino?", Yugi was quite curious. Yami looked up to the ceiling, seeming to be in some kind of thought.

"Once I came to Domino, I had to deal with getting settled. I had to get a job to get a house and with little to no education, you can imagine it was real hard to find one. And after I had finally gotten a house, I had found you just a few weeks later", Yami explained to him all at once. It took a few moments for Yugi to process everything until he eventually got it. It was all because of him that Yami hasn't had the chance to speak with his brother in forever. Yugi was saddened by this, 'Is it really all my fault that Yami hasn't made contact with his family yet?', he sadly thought.

And almost as if Yami was reading his mind, he told him, "But don't you think for a single second that it's your fault. Sure, I miss my brother and yes sometimes I wish I was with him and not here. But if I had to choose between the two of you who I'd like to spend an eternity with, it would be you Yugi. Hands down, because I feel a strong connection towards you that I've never felt for my brother or anyone else". Yugi blushed at Yami's little speech, he actually was starting to do this a lot around Yami and he didn't know why. Lately, even the littlest things Yami did, made Yugi feel all tingly inside(A/N: And no, not like that).

It really puzzled him(A/N: Get it? Bad pun, I know but whatever), and he wasn't at all aware of why. Why did something that Yami did all the time, only now affect him in such a way? Yami and Yugi had been brothers for little more than a year now and it had never made Yugi feel anything more than happy when Yami told him he cared so much, but now when Yami told him he loved him it gave him butterflies in his stomach and made him feel a bit excited. Since when did a little brotherly love make him feel so... unusual?

------------------------------------------------------

Angel: Hope it was worth the wait, don't forget to comment, vote, and share!