Chapter 14: A New Feeling... Part 2

Angel: Guys, I am so lucky to have you all as readers. I have gotten so many votes and so many reads and a ton of comments! Thank you guys so much, btw yesterday was my b-day! February 12th, ladies and gents!!!

Yugi: Well happy belated birthday, Angel!

Yami: ...

Yugi: Yami, aren't you gonna wish Angel a happy belated birthday?

Yami: No...

Yugi: Why, Yami?

Yami: Cause I don't care...

Angel: Well I don't care that you don't care either! Now do the disclaimer, slave!

Yami: *Rolls eyes* Whatever, Angel doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh! or any of its characters, but she does own the plot and idea so don't steal!

------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly the phone started to ring. Yami was quick as can be in dropping Yugi on the couch and going to pick it up. While he went to get the phone, Yugi was left to pout on the couch. "Hello?", Yami said into the phone. "Hello Yami", an all too familiar voice said to him. "It's him!", he mentally screamed. "Leave me alone!," he barked at the man on the other line. Yugi perked up at this and looked over to where Yami stood. The smaller teen then cautiously approached the other. He stopped when he was a few feet away from Yami. "Yami?...", Yugi called to him. The elder didn't seem to notice as he still had his back turned.

"Leave me alone!", Yami yelled at the person more than the phone. Yugi took a step back and covered his ears. "Just go away, stop doing this to me!", Yami shouted once again. Just then, he stopped... something the person on the other line said made him freeze completely. He quickly hung up the phone and started panting, it was most likely from all the screaming. Yugi also became glued to the floor and kept an eye on Yami, until he finally got up the courage to talk to him. "Yami? Are you... okay?", Yami whipped his head around so fast it gave him whiplash.

"Oh Yugi, it's just you. I'm sorry, did I wake you?", he asked the youth while putting on the fakest smile Yugi had ever seen. Yugi shook his head and put on a real, reassuring smile. "No, by the way, who was that you were just on the phone with Yami?", he asked with extreme curiosity. Yami then bit his lip and shifted uncomfortably, it was probably from the little "scene" they just shared a bit earlier. Yami then averted his gaze to his right, or anywhere but Yugi. "It was no one of any importance really...", he trailed off and began to look all fidgety. "Uh, anyway did ya sleep well?", Yami tried to change the subject.

Yugi crossed his arms and tried to seem as if he was fed up with Yami's lies, but wasn't succeeding all that well as his cheeks were dusted a light pink because of what he did in his "sleep". "Yami, don't try and change the subject. Now tell me, who were you on the phone with?", Yugi started to tap his foot impatiently. It appears nothing will get past Yugi that easily, looks like Yami will have to try harder. "It was nothing, really Yugi. I'm telling the truth", Yami so just lied right there. Yugi's eyes then started to well with tears as he unfolded his arms and stopped tapping. His bottom lip started to quiver, but why?

"No you're not, why are you lying to me?! Ever since you told me about your past, all you do is lie! It's like you're off in your own little world all the time and it's really starting to bother me, Yami! You're not eating, sleeping, and you're not telling why! Why are you being so secretive, you said that you would never lie or keep secrets from me but so far you've completely disregarded that promise you made to me! Why?!", Yugi was now sobbing to no end. "Yugi...", Yami breathed out, "I'm so sorry, I had no idea you felt that way...", Yami went over and wrapped his arms around Yugi.

Yugi cried for about five minutes into Yami's chest before he finally calmed down. Yugi then stopped crying completely and looked up at Yami with tears still evident in his eyes. "Yami, please tell me who you were on the phone with", Yugi quite clearly was bent on knowing who it was. "It was one of the men...", Yami looked away from Yugi. "Yami, why didn't you tell me they were still after you?", Yugi asked him. "I didn't want to worry you, Yugi", he stated to the youth. "Well, you still did by not telling me", Yugi told him back. "I know and I'm sorry, can you ever forgive me?", Yami asked him with clear desperation. Yugi smiled, "Of course I can, Yami". Yami smiled back.

------------------------------------------------------

Angel: I won't ask for much but can you guys wish me a happy belated birthday in the comments, please? Anyway, don't forget to comment, vote, and share!