Chapter 6: Nightmares or Memories

Angel: Hey guys! I know what a lot of you are probably wondering, who's Angel and where's the real author? Well I'm right here. I am Angel. It's the nickname I decided to give myself for precautions, that's all. Alrighty well hope that cleared it up, so Yami take it away!

Yami: Angel doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh! or any of its characters, but she does own the idea and plot so no copyright or stealing, got it?!

------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Atem, where's mom?", a young star shape haired boy asked his twin. The two boys looked almost exactly alike. The first was a fair skinned boy with crimson eyes and red tips on his gravity defying hair, the second boy had tanned skin with violet eyes with purple tips on his own hair. "Hm, oh she's downstairs. Why Yami?", Atem asked him. "No reason", Yami replied. A crash could be heard downstairs, the boys looked at each other and ran down the steps to find four strange men with one of them holding back their mother and a knife to her throat.

"Now, I'll ask you one more time. You got the money?", the first on asked the woman. The woman, terrified, remained silent. The man frowned, "Fine, kill her". "No!", Yami yelled at the men. "Boys! Go back upstairs, mommy can handle this!", she instructed the children. Atem was trying to get his brother back up the steps, but to no avail. "Leave my mommy alone, you big meanies!", Yami told them. The man got a devilish grin on his face. "Let her go. I want something else", the man holding back the boys mother put the knife down, but still held her in place.

"Hey, you heard him! Let her go and be gone!", Yami, still being tugged on by his brother, said. "Please boys, just go upstairs", the woman pleaded her sons. Yami stood his ground, while Atem tried to get him upstairs with no success. "Boys, grab the white one", the man, who seemed to be the leader, told his gang. Suddenly, a man grabbed Yami while another held back Atem. "Hey, let go!" Atem struggled in the man's grasp, but couldn't get free. "Hey! You leave my brother alone, you bully!", Yami yelled at him.

"But, we had a deal!", the woman called to the man with desperation in her eyes and anger in her voice. "Well I just changed it", the man smirked and walked away with the man holding Yami trailing behind. The men holding Atem and the boys mother kicked the two in their stomachs and went after their leader. "Let me go! Atem help!", Yami kicked and squirmed and tried to get loose, but the man was much too strong for him. He looked to his twin for help who was screaming his name and trying to get up, "Yami!". "Atem, help!", Yami called back with tears in his eyes.

Then Yami awoke with tears in his eyes and beads of sweat streaming down his face. His chest heaved up and down as he tried to regain his normal breathing. He looked to his side to see Yugi still sleeping peacefully. He smiled and quickly wiped his face, getting rid of the two substances. The teen laid back down and pulled his little brother into a tight embrace. In response, the younger teen snuggled into his chest and smiled sweetly. Yami smiled as well and closed his eyes, falling back into a deep slumber that was, thankfully, nightmare free.

------------------------------------------------------

Angel: Well you guys, there you go! A bit of insight on Yami's horrible past!

Yami: Whoop dee doo, you just made me even more screwed up! Thanks.

Angel: Your welcome! Anyway you know the drill, don't forget to comment, vote, and share! See ya next time!