Chapter 19 - My Request For Yang Jeongin

Day 32

Seungmin pov:

"Wouldn't it be nice for your aunt to see you again?" I said. Yes, I can't just get it out of my mouth.

"I mean, she would certainly be glad to see me again but why in the world are we talking about this?" Jeongin asked, looking so confused as ever.

By the way, Jeongin told me about how he was visiting his aunt while I was here overreacting and shit. And that's how I knew he has an aunt and a whole lot of relatives.

"Um, just a thought."

"Do you want to come to Busan with me for a visit or anything else? Why the sudden talk about me visiting my aunt?" Jeongin still looked baffled as ever.

"Um, no, no, I just think you deserve a break," I continued spouting lies. For real, I might find myself in a hole one day and it might be because I keep lying.

"Hyung, I feel like that isn't your real reason. Tell me. What's wrong? I will help you if you need any help," he said, looking at me.

"I just want to take the- um- mental health test and you know things needed to be done and you know stuff?" I said, sweating profusely.

"Eh?" Jeongin was now more surprised than confused so I guess he understood some of my nonsense blabbering.

"You know the tests that you have to run on a patient?" I elaborated nonetheless.

"I do understand what you want to say but- eh? Why?" He asked with an eyebrow raised questioningly.

"Um, I just feel like I need to?"

Jeongin kept quiet and frowned at me. He looked like he still wanted to question me. "I will arrange everything then. Somehow. But do you really want to do this?" He asked finally after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah?" I said with a nod.

"Positive?"

"I'm positive about it, Innie."

"May I know the sudden reason though? Like that is just so- surprising," Jeongin said.

"I'm surprised at the audacity of myself to ask you as well," I said. "It's just that . . . I want to leave this place soon." I scratched my nape and avoided his gaze by looking out the window.

"I understand. I will arrange it and inform you later on when I finished arranging," Jeongin said. "So, we, I will leave now? It's kinda late. You should sleep and I will just, er, leave now?"

"Um, is it far? Wherever you live?" I asked hesitantly.

He broke into a smile. "Okay, please don't find me creepy but I've been staying in a room beside yours ever since our sessions started."

I looked at him surprised. What in the world did I just hear?

Seeing my confused look, Jeongin quickly ramble to explain. "Um, it's just for work purposes. Every psychiatrist is kinda required to stay. I mean, we can choose but- urgh, omg. But trust me. I don't do anything weird. Like peeking at you while you change-"

"Okay, stop rambling. You're getting creepier. It's okay. It's just because you're required to do so. I get it. Calm down," I cut him off and said with a laugh.

Jeongin just slumped down and sighed.

"Although, admittedly-" I said with a giggle, "-it is kinda creepy. So you can see me from your room?"

Jeongin looked extremely uncomfortable. ". . . Well, yes? I mean, there's a two-way mirror- but I swear I didn't try to peak at you while you change or do anything creepy. I usually am just reading books, writing stuff and you know, just normal things."