Chapter 8 - Sunflower Bouquets and Me

Jeongin pov:

He didn't show any expression but at least, he accepted my present. I did great, didn't I? A giddy smile came to my face as he unwrapped the present and examined the notebook.

He gasped as he looked at the notebook from top to bottom. A child-like smile made its appearance for about a second. He then changed back to his normal poker face. God, please just don't let him throw both my gifts into a dustbin, I prayed silently. But I think he loved the presents so he wouldn't throw them away?

He didn't. He just put both the bouquet and the book on the shelf. I let out a small huff in happiness.

I guess this is a step to the success?

And then my phone rang, disturbing my thoughts and my small celebration. Auntie's calling . . . As soon as I saw the contact name, I paled. "Hello, auntie?" I called, trying to keep my tone as cheerful as possible. She's probably calling to scold me.

"Jeongin, aren't you coming back for the holidays?" She asked softly. Guilt overwhelmed me.

"I'm not. Sorry, auntie. But I will make up for it. I will come to visit, I swear."

"You better . . . And you, Yang Jeongin, are a cold boy."

"Eh?" I made a questionable sound when she told me that.

"You don't even call me once this week."

I sighed. "Sorry, it just went out of mind. But I swear I will make up for that."

"I just miss you, Innie. It's almost a year I haven't seen you."

"I'm really sorry about that. I will clear my schedules some day to come and visit you, I swear."

"Whatever you say but make sure to come visit. Soyeon wants to see you, too."

I smiled softly at the mention of Soyeon noona. She's like the coolest cousin I could ever ask for. The best cousin. "Yeah, I will." Then she hanged up without a word.

I really did need to talk with her often.

Day 14

I swear this hasn't gotten any easier. I thought I was breaking his shell. Gee, lucky me. I wanted to give up so badly but I thought it's only like 2 weeks and you're already going to give up? You just can't do this to yourself, Yang Jeongin. You will end up regretting until the end of your life, I tried to convince myself. Or so I thought.

And so, here is your main character, standing in front of the all-too-familiar door with a bouquet in my hands. And yeah, just to tell you, I had not given any gifts to him since Christmas. Obviously, I am not trying that hard, am I? I was just annoying him. I was not trying to bribe either. Yeah, I was trying too hard. Full sarcasm here.

And yes, a bouquet of sunflowers was in my hand. It's a must. "Hyung?" I knocked on the door. "I have a bouquet for you. Come and take it. I won't leave it on the floor this time. Plus, it's too beautiful to be left like this. You are not going to make me leave this on the floor, are you? Hyung?"

I looked around and smiled apologetically at the doctors and the nurses passing by. Although they were quite used to seeing me talking to a door which never opens.

"Hyung! Are you seriously going to leave me hanging here?" I pouted although I knew he couldn't see me.

"Hyung! The bouquet-"

The door opened.

Tell me about it. My heart dropped into my stomach in excitement. "-is too beautiful for you to leave it on the floor? And stop whining. It's noisy," he said with a straight face and took the bouquet from my hands.