The Sleepover

Asami's Pov-

I grabbed some things for Korra as I was packing my duffel bag. She was talking to my dad in the living room, laughing about something. My dad and Korra have been close for a while now, since Korra's over all the time. I finished packing for the night and walked out to see my dad showing Korra an old photobook.

"Daaad why is that out?" I groaned.

"Oh come on honey, you look adorable in these!" Korra was laughing hysterically at baby me in a bathtub.

"He's right, but you're way more adorable now," she said smirking, and getting up off the couch. I blushed, but figured she didn't mean anything by it.

"Have fun girls! See you tomorrow," my dad said as we left the house. Korra went ahead as usual and I followed her to the car.

"Why do you think Bo asked us to have a sleepover today?" I asked her out of curiosity.

"To be honest, I don't know. Maybe just a first day of school thing?" I nodded and paid attention to the road again. Not long after, we arrived in front of Bolin and Mako's gated community, and the worker buzzed us in. We pulled up to their driveway next to Bolin and Kai's cars.

"Guys! You made it," Bo shouted from the doorstep. Korra ran ahead and hugged him, while I took my time to grab the bag and lock the car. I followed her into their home, and saw everyone sitting in the kitchen.

"Hey guys," I waved as I set my stuff down.

"Asami! Hi! How was tryouts?" Kai asked, since Jinora wasn't there.

"Good! We got five new girls!" Jinora jumped up and squealed.

"Yay! More cheerleaders!" Opal, Wu and I laughed at her. I took a seat next to Wu and started a conversation.

"Sooo, you and Mako huh?" He looked at me and blushed.

"Yeah, we've been seeing each other for a couple months now," he said smiling.

"Awe! I'm happy for you guys," I smiled at him and he laughed. Korra, Bolin, Kai and Mako went off to play video games in the basement, so that left Wu, Jinora, Opal and I to gossip and be "girly". This often happened at sleepovers, which made me sad because I was really wanting to hang out with Korra tonight. Jinora turned to me.

"So, Asami, what's going on in your love life since Opal over here wants to 'take things slow' with Bolin," she said rolling her eyes at Opal.

"Oh uh, you know haha, same old same old!" I said, clearly flustered by the question.

"Come on Asami, we're your besties! Just tell us!" Wu pleaded.

"Okay, well, there might be someone-" I started when Opal cut me off.

"OMG I totally knew it! You've been acting weird recently, who is it?" Everyone turned to me and I laughed nervously.

"Umm, it's Korra," I mumbled so they wouldn't hear.

"Korra?! Really?" Jinora shouted and I quickly shushed her.

"Jinora be quieter she's going to hear you." Jinora didn't seem to care as she was smiling and clapping, obviously happy about this.

"I mean yeah, it makes sense," Wu started. "You're always staring at her, especially when she's at football practice."

"What can I say! She's hot," I pouted.

"Lighten up girl, he's teasing you," Opal laughed. "I think you should go for it."

"You think? I mean what if she doesn't feel the same? What if she likes someone else? What if she-" Wu cut in to my rambling.

"Asami calm down, she's hot, you're hot, I don't see the problem." I glared at him.

"The problem is if I tell her how I feel and she doesn't feel the same, our friendship is ruined." Mako walked into the room and I quickly shut up. Korra, Bolin and Kai followed him in shortly after.

"Hey guys, why so quiet?" Bolin asked.

"Oh uh, nothing babe!" Opal said quickly. I giggled at her and Korra sat down next to me.

"Heyy, how was your game?" She giggled then replied.

"It was good, missed you though," she said, walking to the fridge. Wu nudged my shoulder and I blushed a little, but got over it when Bolin started talking.

"Guys! Let's play 7 Minutes in Heaven!" Opal sat down next to him.

"I'm in, what about you guys?" There was a mixture of yes and sure going around, and we ended up going to the living room.

"Okay, so one person spins a bottle, and whoever it lands on goes into the bedroom with them for seven minutes, how far you go is up to you," Bolin said smirking.

"Sounds good," Korra said, grabbing the seat on the ground next to me. Wu went first, and surprise surprise, it landed on Mako. They went into the room and Bolin started the timer.

"Well we all know how that's going to go," Kai said laughing. I stayed quiet, but Korra noticed right away.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She whispered, quiet enough so that only I could hear.

"Nothing, I'm okay, really," I gave her a convincing smile and she turned to lay on my lap. I wasn't really okay, I was having a mini panic-attack about the fact I could end up in the bedroom with her. While it is my dream come true, I don't know if she even wants that. I pushed away my thoughts as Mako and Wu came out of the bedroom. Mako's hair was all messed up, and Wu's shirt was backwards. We all laughed at them and Mako blushed.

"That was fun," Wu said, smirking. "Let's do it again, later." Mako blushed even harder and Wu plopped down next to him. It was Korra's turn. Wu handed her the bottle, but instead of spinning it, she placed it on the ground, facing me. She stood up and I looked at her.

"Uh Korra?" She held out a hand to help me up.

"Yes 'Sami?" She smirked. I grabbed her hand and she pulled me into the room.

"Um Korra, that's not how you play the game," she stopped me and put her finger to my lips.

"That's not how you play the game? Well you're the only one I want to kiss so-" I looked at her stunned. Did she just say she wants to kiss me?

"Sorry, you want to kiss me?" She smiled then grabbed my hands.

"'Sami, I didn't know how to tell you this, but-"

"Tell me what?" I looked at her puzzled, still stunned by her previous statement.

"I like you. A lot." She blushed and looked down to her lap. I smiled and pulled her chin up.

"Korra, I like you too," I said, and her expression immediately went from embarrassed to excited.

"Wait, really? I-I never would've guessed that-"

"Korra, this is a kissing game, not a talking one. Kiss now, talk later." She nodded and blushed, as I put my hand up to the side of her face. I pulled her face closer to mine and kissed her. That kiss was everything I've ever dreamed of. I have been waiting to kiss Korra since freshman year, and it was finally happening. I pulled away after a minute, blushing a LOT. She giggled.

"I guess we should go back out there," she said.

"We should," I started. "But we can finish this later." I winked at her and walked out of the room.