Dinner and a Movie

a/n 6K READS HELLO um tysm wth!! alsooo really bad at updating so apologies ab that! also i don't own marvel, avengers or endgame ty

Korra's Pov- 

My hair was currently being played with by my gorgeous girlfriend, while she was arguing with Mako.

"I am not going to watch a movie starring a straight couple!" Asami declared.

"Well too bad! I don't want to watch another Avengers movie!" Mako argued. 

"Korra? Wu? Opinions?" She questioned. I looked up at her and over to Wu who was shaking his head 'no', then spoke.

"I have to agree with Asami on this one Mako, sorry," I told him.

"I second that!" Wu chimed. Mako sighed and laid his head on Wu's lap. Smirking victoriously, Asami let her hands fall from my hair and onto my shoulders. I leaned into her touch as she kept talking to the guys. A smile spread across my face when I realized I had everything I wanted. The girl of my dreams, my best friend, Asami Sato, was my girlfriend. 

"Well, let's go then?" Bolin asked.

"Yeah, c'mon 'Sami," I said. I sat up and grabbed Asami's hand. She flashed a smile and stood up. As everyone started to leave the room and out the door, I pulled Asami's hand back a little bit. She stopped and faced me.

"What's up babe?" She asked. My other hand floated up to her face and pulled her in for a kiss.

"What a hopeless romantic," she mocked after pulling away. I rolled my eyes.

"That's not what you said last night," I reminded her. She giggled and dragged me out the door.

"You mean that's not what you said last night, if I recall, you were moaning my name," she laughed.

"What on earth are you talking about?" Bolin questioned. I looked over to Asami and she looked back. We both burst into laughter as we followed Bo into his car.

"None of your business dude," I said, still laughing. 

Bolin started the car and we pulled out of the driveway, on our way to see the movie. 

-----

"Yeah yeah, get out," I said to Opal, who was giggling at my being 'lovey-dovey' with Asami. She patted me on the back and smiled.

"You know I'm kidding, I'm really happy you guys are with each other," she stated. I flashed a smile back and walked over to Asami, grabbing her hand in mine. Resting my head on her shoulder, we walked into the large building labeled 'Republic City Theater'. As we waited in line for our tickets, I lifted my head off of her shoulder and looked at her. She turned to return the glance and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you," she said. I kissed her again.

"I love you," were the only words that left my mouth. Adding a 'too' at the end of I love you has always felt impersonal to me, so I never word it like that. It's as if I only love her if she loves me, if that makes sense. She smiled at me and walked up to the ticket booth.

"Two adults please," she told the lady. As she payed I looked over at Wu, who was sitting on Mako's lap, laughing. I smiled at them and turned my attention back to Asami. Her hair was so perfectly laid, and her eyes glittered in the dim theater lights. After she got our tickets, we walked over to the rest of the group.

"Ready to go?" Bolin asked as we walked up.

"You know it," I responded, and we walked into the dark room. There weren't too many people in the movie, seeing as it was Avengers: Endgame and it came out forever ago. We still ended up sitting in the way back, Asami and I on the far left, Bolin and Opal next to us, and Mako and Wu to the right of them. 

-----

The movie was about a half hour in when I felt Asami's hand travel to my thigh. 

"Still doing that?" I asked.

"Doing what?" She replied with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at her and kept watching the movie. Around a minute later, she moved her hand higher. My breath hitched because even though we'd done this before, she still gave me butterflies. She didn't look at me but instead payed attention to the movie. 

I had assumed she would take it further, but she didn't. She just left her hand resting on my leg and watched the movie.

a/n soo another short chapter! how cute. anyways i'm currently writing another book that i'll publish when this one is done so yeah. stay tuned for that!!