𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. ( family matters )

AN ODE TO VICES — EPILOGUE ONE
FAMILY MATTERS

July 16th, 2023

NEW NOTIFICATIONS!

roarsgold has gone live! "so I have a boyfriend . . ."

WAS THERE ANYTHING MORE NERVE WRACKING THAN TELLING THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE — your fans — that you've had a secret boyfriend for the better part of nearly three years, or that that secret boyfriend was another popular YouTuber than people had been shipping you with for nearly three years, and for the entirety of your relationship?

Rory didn't think so.

Why was this so difficult?

"Breath," Techno warned, handing Rory a glass of water. "They are literally going to be freaking out in a good way. No one is going to hate you."

"I hate—"

"Don't finish that sentence."

Rory grinned, taking a sip of the water. He glanced at his stream on screen, which had the Starting Soon card displayed. In a few minutes, he would put his face on screen for thousands of people — holy shit, 43K viewers already? — to see. He would tell them about his boyfriend, and another little surprise.

"Sit," Rory said, nodding to the office chair Techno had dragged in from his office, just out of sight of the camera.

A three bedroom house had become their home. Neither of them wanted kids just yet (and if they did, they could always move), so they each had their own streaming room, and then their bedroom. It was a recent move — two weeks, in fact, and neither of them had streamed during that time period, making a lot of people suspicious. It was time to confirm those theories as true.

Techno sat down, spinning in the chair for a moment before facing the screen. He looked at Rory in concern. "You sure you're good? I can always end the stream if you're going to panic," he said.

Rory took a deep breath, nodding. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm good. Are you?"

Techno shrugged. "Ready as I'll ever be." Rory nodded. He moved the mouse to take away the Starting Soon screen, then hesitated. The chat was going  wild, and the viewers kept climbing. "Rowan?"

Rowan breathed in deeply, getting rid of the screen.

He smiled at the camera, sitting back. "Hello everyone! How are we doing today? There's a lot of you here, wow." He chuckled nervously. "I didn't think me having a boyfriend was gonna be this big of a deal. I wonder if you guys will be as dramatic as Will was." He shifted, moving his chair from side to side. "So . . . I have a boyfriend. And, uh, I have a lot of things to explain."

Techno grabbed his hand, gently rubbing Rory's knuckles with his thumb to calm him down. Rory breathed out. "So. I've been dating this guy for nearly three years. We got together in December of 2020, which . . . wow, that was so long ago." He chuckled. "This guy is American — shocker, I know. Tommy won't let me live it down." Techno nearly laughed at that, catching himself quickly. "He sort of moved across the world to be closer to me. And now he's here."