𝐗𝐋𝐕. LINE WITHOUT A HOOK

❝ VICES ❞

December 2nd, 2020

RORY TOOK A STEP BACK.

Literally.

Newt came up to the door, curious as to who was at it. He didn't look particularly excited to see Henry, merely sniffing around the door. Rory had to take a step back to gently push Newt away from the door, not wanting him to run out, and Henry took the opportunity to step inside, pushing Rory further from the door.

Rory's chest seized in panic. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't think. He couldn't even get Henry's damn hands off of him, and the last time Henry had touched him, well, it had ended with Rory's breakdown and Will getting him the hell out of that relationship.

Will wasn't here now. Rory was alone.

"I don't need your help," Rory spat, pushing Henry's arm away from him. Henry scowled, then quickly corrected the expression to one of concern, but Rory wasn't going to fall for those lies anymore. "Get the hell out of my house!"

Newt barked in agreement. For a moment Rory worried that Newt would somehow try to save him, and Newt was so tiny and the thought of Henry hurting him made Rory freeze, which was enough for Henry to take a step closer to and reach his hands out for Rory.

Rory flinched. Instinctively, his fists shot out, intent on connecting with Henry's nose. Instead, Henry grabbed his wrists in a death-like grip, keeping Rory still. Henry smirked as Rory tried to pull away, only to find that he wasn't strong enough. Tears gathered behind his eyes as Henry dug his nails in Rory's wrists, like he was putting his fucking mark on him.

"Let me go—"

"Now where's the fun in that?"

Rory breathed out harshly, finding it difficult to see through his unshed tears, but he didn't want to give Henry the satisfaction of seeing him break again.

He couldn't breathe.

Everything hurt.

He couldn't breathe.

He couldn't

"The hell?"

The monotone voice at the door was the only thing that could let Rory breathe.

Henry turned as Techno stepped through the door, suitcase in hand. Techno glanced between the two, taking in the tear marks of Rowan's cheeks, the angry look on Henry's face from being interrupted, the vice-like grip on Rowan's wrists. Techno dropped his suitcase by the door and stepped further inside, glancing at Rowan with confusion.

Henry scowled. "Who the fuck are you?" he demanded, letting go of Rowan.

"Techno," Rowan breathed, moving past Henry to throw himself into Techno's arms. Techno gripped him tightly, leveling a glare at Henry over Rowan's shoulder as it finally clicked that Rowan had been in danger. A moment later, he moved Rowan behind him, still keeping his gaze trained on Henry.