Jog

You slowly become conscious and try to sit up but for some reason you can't move. You look down and then realize that your arms and legs are strapped down on the table you're lying on. You start panicking and then hear the click of a lock. The door to the room you were in opened loudly, it sounded like the metal was screaming. You recognized the man immediately. He was the one who had kidnapped you in the first place. He was the one who killed your parents to take you. As he came near you he started talking.

"So, do you want to comply now?" He asked.

"When hell freezes over, you asshole." You replied darkly.

He chuckled in response. "I thought you might say that."

He didn't seem angry, which just scared you all the more. You watched as he took out some sort of device that looked kinda like a wand. You started laughing which made the man look at you his face questioning.

"You think your little toy scares me." You told him.

"Oh no y/n, this should scare you. It looks harmless, but when you apply the right pressure..." he said as he touched the tip to your abdomen, "It can become an unimaginable thing of pain."

Your ear piercing screams could be heard throughout the entire building. Your body was on fire, it felt like your insides were literally melting, your blood felt like it would explode from the pain. Suddenly the pain was gone. You laid there a crying whimpering mess of pain. You felt a blade being dragged down the side of your face and you tensed immediately. The pressure was light enough that it didn't draw blood, but that wasn't why you were scared, the blade began to trace your skin until it rested on your stomach. That was when the blade sliced through your delicate skin and you screamed bloody murder. You felt blood beginning to pool...

You sat up in bed sweating, shaking and had a stream of tears running down your face. You haven't been able to get more than three hours of sleep these past few nights. Your nightmares kept you up most of the nights.

You threw off the sweat soaked sheets and made your way to your closet. You threw on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Then you went towards your door. You slowly and quietly opened the door and walked into the hallway, checking to see if you saw anybody up.

Good, they're all sleeping. You thought to yourself. It was almost four in the morning. You tip toed downstairs and went outside. As soon as you opened the door you felt the morning breeze hit your face. You welcomed the cool air and began jogging.

It was around six in the morning when you made your way back to the compound. When you opened the door you were greeted by Steve and Clint in the kitchen.

They turned towards you as Clint asked, "Y/n? What the hell were you doing outside?"

"I went for a jog."

"You can't leave the compound without letting someone know where you're going." Steve explained.

"No one else was up at four and I just went for jog. It's not that big of a deal." You were getting sick and tired of them treating you like a damn child.

"What the hell were you doing up at four in the morning?" Steve asked.

"I had a goddamn nightmare, okay!" You shouted at him.

They didn't say anything, just remained quiet. The whole team knew that hydra had killed your parents and that they were the ones who gave you your powers, but they didn't know how old you were, they didn't about all the torture and pain you had endured while you were in hydra's hands.

Tony was the only one who knew that they hurt you since he was the one who rescued you from hydra. Even then though, Tony had no idea about the horrors you faced. When he rescued you, he found you tied to a chair passed out from pain. He though it was because they hit you thanks to the bruises on your face and arms. But really, it was because you had been electrocuted repeatedly and because they cut you. But Tony didn't know that, and you wanted to keep it that way.

It was Clint who finally spoke up. "Y/n, I know you don't like to talk about it, but you need to tell someone what happened with hydra. You need to let it out."

"No." You replied trying to keep the tears from falling.

It was Steve who spoke this time. "You can't keep it bottled up, you'll go crazy."

"Watch me, I haven't said a single thing since," you paused, "since Tony rescued me from that hell hole, and I'll bring it to the fucking grave." You replied, letting the tears fall freely now. You turned and ran down to the training room to hide and cry alone.

"What the hell happened when she was with hydra?" Clint said to Steve.

That's what I'm wondering. Loki thought to himself from the shadows, having watched the entire scene that just unfolded in front of him.