Run

Everyone split up; You, Loki, and Natasha took the left hallway, Steve, Tony, and Peter took the right hallway. You ran with your hand in Loki's and Natasha was right behind you as you all turned down the twisting halls. The lights started flickering until they went completely out. It was almost pitch black and you were terrified, you had no idea how many hybrids were already in SHIELD not even counting the ones who probably just broke in. You didn't dare speak, too afraid that the hybrids would hear your voice.

"Here," Loki whispered to Natasha as he handed her a weird glowing thing, "this will lead you to Steve, Stark, and the insect. You all need to leave the building right now, the hybrids are after y/n, we'll head to a safe house far from here."

"Thank you." Natasha nodded as she ran off with the glowing tracker.

"What's the plan?" You made your voice as quiet as possible so only Loki could pick up on your words.

"Lead them to the basement, blow up the place, run."

"Sounds perfectly safe." You rolled your eyes at his plan.

"Come on love, this way, stay close." Loki whispered softly as he gripped your hand, not wanting to let go for fear of losing you to the darkness.

You walked quietly and carefully through the halls for a few minutes when a loud crash came from behind you guys. Loki immediately held you closer and peered into the darkness. On the floor a few feet away, was a rusted metal pipe. You gripped Loki's arm tighter when the halls were strangely quiet, deadly silent. You didn't dare move an inch, you held your breath and yours eyes retraced the empty hall. Loki started pulling you with him as he hurried down the opposite hall. You were confused and scared so you went along without any questions.

"Fuck the plan, we need to leave now." Loki exclaimed quietly.

"W-why?"

"I can hear them." He answered.

"How many?"

"At least 20." He replied as your breath caught in your throat at the thought of 20 hybrids coming after you right this instant.

You gasped when you saw an agent on the ground, he was laying in a pool of his own blood. His stomach had been ripped open and you felt like throwing up at the sight of his bloody organs spilling out on the floor.

You could feel someone was getting closer and you quickly turned into your lion form. Not even a second later, someone jumped on your back and you lashed out, striking them with your claws. You successfully threw the hybrid off you and looked towards Loki, he was fighting one hybrid but another was sneaking up behind him. You weren't really thinking, you just knew you had to help Loki. You launched yourself at the hybrid sneaking up on Loki and tackled him to the ground while pinning his arms to the floor with your giant paws. The man snarled and tried to lean in to bite you but your heavy paws kept him to the floor. He snapped his jaw and struggled tirelessly against you. You howled in pain when his teeth clamped around your back leg when he got out from under you. Loki heard your cry of pain and saw red, he quickly snapped the hybrid's neck that was preventing him from helping you, and grabbed the man by the throat who had just bitten you. Loki chucked the hybrid across the room like he weighed nothing, his body slumped against the floor. You had no idea what kind of hybrid just bit you, but you knew it probably wasn't a good one because your vision was becoming blurry.

"Darling?" Loki asked gently, his voice shook slightly.

You tried to respond, you really did, but you couldn't find your voice. Black dots danced in your vision and you tried to stay awake but everything quickly went pitch black.

Sorry for the short chapter, I'll try and get the next chapter out by the end of the week though.