The Escape

Loki was brought into the throne room, in chains, in front of Odin. He stared up at the man, waiting for his punishment.

"Speak!" Odin demanded.

"It matters not what I say. Just give me my punishment and I'll be on my way." Loki smirked.

"You truly have nothing to say for your crimes?!" Odin shouted angrily.

"Well......no. No I do not." Loki chuckled.

"Bring him to the dungeons." Odin ordered the guards. "He can spend the rest of his days there."

A look of confusion, anger, shock, and betrayal crossed Loki's face as the guards pulled him away. He started struggling against the guards when he realized he couldn't get you back if he was put in a cell.

"Father, perhaps that is too harsh of a punishment." Thor said quietly as he watched his brother struggle in his bonds.

"ENOUGH! You will live the rest of your pathetic days in the dungeon!" Odin shouted as he stood up from his throne as more guards pulled loki out of the room.

"No! I promised her! I promised I would bring her back! I told her we would see each other again! Let me go!" Loki's shouts and protests grew fainter and fainter the further he was led down the halls of the palace.

Thor's mind was buzzing with guilt and confusion. What did Loki mean when he said he would bring her back?

Loki was thrown into one of the cells and he felt even more hatred towards Odin if that was even possible. Loki smiled softly to himself when he recalled the memory of you and him talking about Asgard. He remembered telling you all about his adventures and his true heritage. He smiled a little wider when he recalled you telling him that Odin was a dick.

Loki suddenly realized that his mind was clear, it wasn't buzzing or humming with the things that Thanos had put in his head. His mind was clear again for the first time in years. He quickly made an illusion of himself so the guards would think he was just laying on the small bed, when in reality, he was standing in the middle of the room. He closed his eyes and conjured up a vision of you, he focused entirely on you, remembering every small detail of your form. He slowly opened his eyes and turned around to see you standing in front of him, a smile on your face.

"Y/n." Loki whispered as he reached out to touch the side of your face.

"Loki, you look as handsome as ever." You smiled warmly and placed your hand over his.

"I miss you darling." Loki smiled weakly as he tried not to show his vulnerability.

"You do not have to hide yourself from me Loki." You spoke softly as you took a step closer to him.

"I will bring you back, I'm so close. Soon we will be together again." Loki whispered as he rested his head against yours.

"I don't doubt it my love." You whispered back as Loki gently kissed your lips while holding onto you.

Loki continued holding his lips to yours as you started to slowly fade away in his arms. The vision of you he had conjured started to evaporated into a cloud of green mist before you completely disappeared. Loki's hands lingered in the air were you once were until he let his hands fall to his side. He slowly walked to the edge of his cell, sitting on the floor with his back against the wall. He wanted you back, he needed you back.

Loki was laying in his bed when he heard heavy footsteps coming towards his cell. He sat up from the bed and walked to the front of the cell. Fandral and Volstagg walked several prisoners into the dungeon as Loki watched them with little interest.