ˋˏ ༻☘️ ʙᴀᴛʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ☘️༺ ˎˊ

Words-922
▸ 🎕 ┈┈┈┈ 🎕 ┈┈┈┈ 🎕 ◂

"Wheres Karl?" The detective asked, looking around the house for the said animal. A towel was thrown over his shoulder, his hands dripping with water.

"What are you doing...." the poet asked, turning the corner to spot the detective rummaging around the tight corridors and rooms.

"I'm going to give Karl a bath."

"Why..."

"He spends days in your room, and you probably stink too." He assumed, staring at the poet with a knowing grin.

"Well he's outside." The poet sighed, walking back down the stairs. "And I showered yesterday."

"I didn't see it."

"That's because you were passed out on the bed." He spoke, a chuckle leaving his lips.

The detective only shrugged, following the poet down the flight of stairs. He found the hiding animal eating food placed in his bowl. He picked up the raccoon, wrapping him in silkily white towel around his shoulder.

"Come on." The detective urged the poet, pulling at his wrist.

"What-"

"He's your pet right?" The blackette rose an eyebrow, placing the animal on the top of his head, pulling the poet into the bathroom.

"Yeah but."

"But what?" The detective cut him off again, pulling the tap as trickles of water oozed into the bathtub. He sat on the ledge of the tub, dipping a finger into the water.

"Nothing...." the poet spoke out, staring at the detective twisting the nobs and taps on the tub.

The detective pulled the raccoon back down, smiling softly at the calm animal. He glanced up at the poet, signaling him to join a helping hand with bathing their child.

"You really take this to another level that shouldn't be reached." The poet sighed, kneeling down to where the detective was.

"He's our child-?" The blackette justified, swirling around the water and setting the animal into it carefully.

"You keep saying it."

"If I continue saying it you'll eventually agree with it."

"And who said that?"

"I did." The blackette smirked, a chuckle leaving his lips. He was sitting on the brim of the tub, the poet kneeling on the ground next to him.

"You're so weird-" the poet chuckled, playing with the water resting in the bathtub in front of them.

"But you like me~" the detective spoke, his wet hand running towards the poets face, drips of water falling onto the brunette.

He moved away, glaring at the detective, who was now laughing his head off. "You look cute with your hair wet." The blackette spoke through his wheezes, droplets still falling from his wrinkled fingertips.

"Was that necessary-" the poet groaned, kneeling back down onto the now wet floor.

"I don't know, maybe." The blackette justified, crouching down near the poet, staring at his half lidded eyes. A smirk was placed onto his lips, his attention on the calm poet next to him.

"I thought we were bathing our 'child'?" The brunette asked, glancing glancing towards the detective close to him.

The blackette took himself out of his thoughts, simply nodding at the words of the poet. "Right." He reassured, picking up a bottle of animal safe shampoo and rubbing it onto the animal in the tub, ever so often glancing towards the poet, who was staring at him with hearts in his eyes. He chuckled to himself, facing back towards the animal. "What? You like what you see?" The detective grinned, teasing the poet.

"Shut up-" the poet said, a pink tint blushing across his cheeks, facing away from the blackette. "You're just pretty." He mumbled, a smile creeping onto his lips.

"So are you." The detective said, continuing to bathe the raccoon, only staring up at the flirting couple.

The poet only nodded, dipping his fingers into the water and splashing it onto the animal, the warm water cooling over the raccoon. They both smiled, a chuckle leaving the detectives lips.

"You're so cute." He spoke, smiling to himself. He rubbed the top of animals head, the poet assuming the comment was made towards the raccoon.

"He is cute." The poet said, chuckling to himself.

"I was talking about you stupid." The blackette cleared it up, his smile only growing across his face.

"Oh-" he stuttered out, butterflies filling his stomach.

The detective only chuckled, picking up the wet raccoon from the water and wrapping him in a towel, rubbing his head off gently. "Now you're clean." He spoke to the animal, his voice heightening in pitch.

He glanced up towards the poet, noticing a slight pout on his lips. "What, do you want my attention too?" The detective teased, chuckling softly to himself. His hand went up to the brunette's head, ruffling his already messy hair around. The blackette pulled it back slightly, revealing those gray eyes he always enjoyed seeing.

The poet smiled at the detective, his eyes glistening.

The blackette smiled back, a chuckle leaving his lips. He pulled the poet towards their room, placing the wrapped up animal onto his bed, the raccoon laying down and falling fast asleep.

The detective went to sit on the beds ledge, staring at the asleep animal with a smile on his lips. He glanced towards the poet, his smile only growing. "I love you." He spoke, leaning on the poet.

"I love you too." The brunette smiled, wrapping an arm around the smaller male resting onto him. He pulled the detective onto his lap, engulfing the blackette into a tight hug.

The detective chuckled, snuggling into the brunette's chest. He eventually fell asleep, his dreams being about the poet.

▸ 🎕 ┈┈┈┈ 🎕 ┈┈┈┈ 🎕 ◂