Chapter Eleven

I may have been walking when I left the library but by the time I walked across campus, I found myself running. I was running because my brain finally realized how much I missed him and I didn't want to spend another minute without seeing him and talking to him. My boots kicked up little flurries as the snow slapped at my face as it fell but I ignored the cold. I just needed to see him. I ran into the campus gardens briefly admiring the leafless trees and bushes covered in white or the fountain in the middle with the spewing water frozen in twisting curling shapes like the undulating tentacles of some mythical beast and tried to find Danny. Normally his hair was a dead give away but with everyone in hoods and the literal environment being silvery-white, I was having a tough time. 

After quite some time and with the snow falling harder and blurring my vision, I sat down defeated on a bench. People were scurrying past me heading out of what was clearly turning into a blizzard while I sat there with my head in my lap, feeling so down that I had missed him and probably wouldn't see him until class the next day and I was so prepared to just spill my heart out. 

A hand gently touched my shoulder and I looked up, snow cascading from my parka and you'd never guess who it was. I didn't even give him time to talk, I lept up and hugged him all while a long babble of talk escaped me.

"Danny! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I'm so happy to see you. I missed you so much and I was told you were here so I came and I couldn't find you and I thought I wouldn't get a chance to talk to you and that we'd not be friends anymore and I really didn't want that so I-"

"Hey hey," he laughed, prying himself loose from my vice-like grip and looking me dead in the face "I forgot how much you can babble sometimes."

"I do not babble," I retorted but with a small smile. " I just have so much to say to you."

"I do too," he said looking suddenly serious, "I have a lot to say to you but let's not do it here unless we want to freeze our gonads off."

Almost in response, the wind kicked up and the snow poured down in earnest. 

"Come on," he urged and he took my hand and we walked hand in hand to the dormitories battling the wind and snow and despite the cold and my limited vision, Danny held my hand firm and strong and I was happy with that. He didn't let go for the whole journey and even when we got on the dorm he still held my hand all the way upstairs. The Rec room had been empty and so were the corridors. The rooms had heating so I understood that people would stay inside. As we approached the end of the corridor I assumed we would go to my room but he turned and continued down the side corridor.

"Where are we going?" I asked though I had a good idea of the answer. 

"My room," he replied simply. "We were always in your room for tutoring and stuff. A change of scene would be nice."

"Yea," I said barely able to contain my excitement. 

He let us in with ease and that was when he finally let go of my hand. His room was pretty standard like mine but of course, customized to suit him. He had a corner where his camera, microphone, ring light, and computers were. I guess that was his little studio. There were a few clothes on his desk and chair but the room otherwise was neat. The bed looked like he had just slept in it, not unkempt, just crumpled. In short - I loved his room. He had already stripped out of his winter garments and hung them up, so I followed suit stripping down to my t-shirt and jeans (not winter attire but I was under tonnes of synthetic fur, sue me) and folding them neatly and putting them on his table. 

"Neat freak," he muttered as he sat on his bed his legs curled up.

"I heard that," I said.

"You were meant to," he replied back.