vii

“I’m never going to let go of this hand”

“Are you now starting to regret those time you didn’t let me in your apartment?” Junmyeon was teasing his girlfriend who was sulking.  They were at the department store, buying some ingredients together, they decided they would bake a cake.

At their first few months together Junmyeon visited Joohyun more often, Joohyun couldn't deny that she loved seeing him more, but he was visiting too often. They were already in their 3rd year in college that time, she was worried he might have been prioritizing her more.

She tried to open this to him multiple of times already but he still visited her more often. Until one day Junmyeon surprised visited her, Joohyun didn’t answer any of Junmyeon's call and ignored him. Junmyeon even tried to go to her apartment but Joohyun firmly didn’t let him in.

After that Junmyeon had to ask for Joohyun’s permission before visiting her, of course he tried to rebel her but it only ended up with Joohyun ignoring his calls and refusing to let him in when he was at the front of her doorsteps. Junmyeon had always asked Joohyun’s permission, but most of the time she didn’t let him, insisting they both needed to focus on their studies.

At their 4th and final year in college Junmyeon naturally couldn’t visit Joohyun more often, this time it was Joohyun’s turn of asking Junmyeon to visit her. Junmyeon was loving this turned table, he loved it when Joohyun was acting cute at the other side of their call, but as much as he loved it, he still hated how he often couldn’t visit her.

“You’re enjoying yourself too much” Joohyun side glared at her boyfriend as she reached out for the flour right next to her and placed in inside their kart. Junmyeon saw this and laughed, he stopped and turned her to face him.

“I would be a bad boyfriend if I was enjoying this.” Junmyeon pretended to defend himself and pulled her to a hug. Junmyeon felt Joohyun starting to cry in his chest, he pulled away, looked at her and wiped away her tears, he stared at her. Joohyun never failed to mesmerize Junmyeon with her beauty, but this time he could finally look at her as long as he wanted without trying to hide his true feelings for her.

He wanted to kiss her but he knew he couldn’t at a public place. Joohyun reading half of his thoughts, she quickly covered her mouth with her hands and not only after a while she broke free from his arms. She glared at him

“I know what you’re about to do” Junmyeon laughed at this accusation.

“Of course, I wouldn’t, I know it'll only end up with you scolding me” He said as he grabbed her hand to hold it.
They continued to shop holding hands. Joohyun didn’t want to let go every time Junmyeon needed to, so before he would let go of her hand to grab something, she would hold on to it tighter.

After a while of doing this Junmyeon smiled at her before turning around and letting go. Next thing she knew his other hand was the one holding on to her already while he used his other hand to reach something behind them. Joohyun couldn’t stop herself from smiling when he continued doing this, switching his other hand to hold her.
Junmyeon could see Joohyun smiling so brightly from his peripheral vision. They continued to hold hands even on their drive to Junmyeon’s apartment, Joohyun held Junmyeon’s hand wrapping it with two of hers.

“So, you were totally against with me giving you a peck in the grocery store, but you make me drive with one hand event though you know how it would only risk our safety” Along the way Junmyeon let out a remark, while smiling at Joohyun who was busying herself staring at their hands together.

“No matter what, I know I'm safer when I'm with you” She looked at Junmyeon who was now focusing at road and continued to look at him with her hands wrapped around Junmyeon’s.

When they arrived at Junmyeon’s apartment, he was surprised to how quickly Joohyun let go of his hand and stormed in inside of his apartment with the groceries. He could hear her head towards his small kitchen settling the equipment and ingredients they needed for baking. Neither of them have had any experience in baking, they haven’t got any clue what to do and what not to do. The only thing they’re relying on now was Joohyun’s skills in cooking, which they think is pretty much the same.

It was a mess, if they didn’t successfully pull off the cake you could say all they did was create a huge mess in Junmyeon’s kitchen. It wasn't supposed to be this much of a mess when Junmyeon didn’t help at all and was just distracting Joohyun, this ended up with Joohyun banning him from the kitchen until the cake was baked.

So, he spent his time sitting down at the table trying to strike a cute conversation with Joohyun, but Joohyun constantly ignored him. This made him get up and surprised her with flour and spilled it on her face when she turned around. Joohyun had to register what just happened and quickly grabbed flour from the table to take back on him, when Junmyeon saw this he quickly ran off but Joohyun got a hold of him before he could. They went on with their silly battle and caused most of the mess in the kitchen.

After their little battle they proceeded with the frostings and icings, this time they were attacking each other with their icings. They were moving too much that it almost caused their cake to fall luckily Junmyeon caught a careful hold not to destroy it and just enough to save it from a fall.

After their messy baking session, they cleaned their selves up. Joohyun with her clothes messed up with flour and icings ended up wearing one of Junmyeon’s sweater. She settled herself on Junmyeon’s bed first, with a movie playing on the TV in front of them.

When Junmyeon climbed next to her she quickly went straight to his arms and cuddled each other. She adjusted themselves so she could hold his hand. They ate a few pieces from the cake they made, and it was mostly Junmyeon feeding Joohyun so they didn’t need to break their position. Joohyun busied herself again by looking at their hands together.

“Should I just cut off my hands so you could marry it?” Junmyeon joked at Joohyun, she looked at him

“Could you?” Joohyun looked at him almost looking serious. Junmyeon laughed and looked at their hands together.

Junmyeon sighed “The next 14 months is going to be the longest one in my life”

“I know, I really thought we would be together more often after college.” He started caressing her hand with his thumb

Junmyeon and Joohyun were excited knowing they would be graduating, this meant they could spend more time together, but a few months before graduation Junmyeon was offered an internship in L.A for a year.

Junmyeon hesitated accepting it knowing this would only make him and Joohyun more distant. Even though Joohyun too didn’t like this, she was the one who insisted he'd accept it. It was once in a lifetime opportunity and she didn’t want him to turn this down because of her. So, for the remaining few months together, they spent the most out of it and visited each other more often. They wouldn’t do anything special, they often just stayed at each other’s apartment and ending up falling asleep side by side, cuddled up together even with their spacious beds.

Now it was only a week left till Junmyeon boards to the states.
Joohyun stared at their hands being together and she couldn’t stop herself from smiling so brightly. She loved it when they held hands, she felt warmer and safer and wished it could stay like this forever. She moved slightly away from him and looked at him, Junmyeon looked at her confused. She reached out with her other to touch his face, her fingers trailing from his temples, cheeks, jaws, and lips. Junmyeon held her hand planted a long kiss on her palms.

“I love you, I love you so much Joohyun” Joohyun smiled and gave him a peck.

“I love you too”

As usual they couldn’t finish the movie and instead they ended up falling asleep together in each other’s arms.