"Your first shift starts now and lasts forty eight hours."

Mackenzie already knew she would feel dead by the end of this.

"You're interns, grunts, nobodies, bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, write orders, work every second night until you drop, and don't complain."

The hospital was huge. Mackenzie looked at all the doctors and how she would hopefully be one of the top ones soon. A new wave of adrenaline rushed over her and she continued to follow Bailey as quickly as she could.

"On-call rooms. Attendings hog them. Sleep when you can, where you can. Which brings me to rule number three: if I'm sleeping, don't wake me unless your patient is actually dying. Rule number four: the dying patient better not be dead when I get there. Not only will you have killed someone, you would have woke me for no reason. We clear?"

Next to her, Meredith raised her hand. "You said five rules. That was only four."

Bailey's pager beeped and she shoved through them. "Rule number five: when I move, you move."

Mackenzie ran through the hallways. This was a trauma page and she was looking for the E.R, but they went for the stairs and went all the way up to the roof. Mackenzie helped roll the stretcher as a helicopter came in. She took a quick look at their view and could see most of Seattle from here. The view was obstructed by the hair whipping in her face from the helicopter. Her, Cristina, and Meredith moved the stretcher to the helicopter.

"What we got?" asked Bailey.

"Katie Bryce. Fifteen year old female, new onset seizures, intermittent for the past week. I.V lost en route. Started grand mal seizing when we descended."

Mackenzie lit up on the inside as one of their first trauma calls was something she was really good in. Before Bailey could instruct them, her mind started working and she put Katie Bryce on her side. The patient room they got her in was a little crowded with all the interns in here.

Mackenzie glanced up at Bailey. She couldn't tell if she was angry for doing something without her orders, but Bailey didn't complain as Mackenzie did the right first step.

Give her diazepam.

"Izzie, ten milligrams diazepam I.M," stated Bailey.

Mackenzie smiled at herself as she thought correctly. Meredith was struggling to put the needle in, so Mackenzie took it and put it in herself. She gave Meredith an apologetic look and watched as Katie got out of her seizure.

"What do we have? A wet fish on dry land," Preston Burke walked through the door. He had dark blue scrubs on instead, showing his superiority to all the others.

"Dr.Bailey, lets shotgun her," instructed Burke.

"That means every test in the book," clarified Bailey. "C.T, CBC, Chem-7, tox screen."

Bailey came up to Mackenzie and handed her a folders. "Mackenzie, patient work-ups with George."

Mackenzie took the folders and gave a couple to George. They rushed out of the room and tried to locate the ones written on the folder.

"We're going to do great," reassured George, but it sounded like it was directed more towards himself.

Mackenzie nodded. "Dynamic duo as people call it."