Chapter 42

Grace's POV:

"Now are you positive this is what your wanting to do Grace because I can turn this car around any second, you just say the word." John asks from the drivers seat.

"Yes, I need to do this... I want to do this." I reply as I glance at him in the mirror.

It's been a couple days now since Matthew woke up and I told him about my dad. Ever since then I can't stop thinking about how he told me I should at least hear my father out, which is why after being discharged from the hospital this morning the first place I requested John and Julia to take me was to see my father. Of course they were both extremely supportive and agreed to take me there straight away, not that I expected anything less of them of course.

"Grace honey I want you to know that if at any point you want to leave and go home then just let us know and we can go." Julia says, sending me a reassuring smile as she turns around in her seat to face me.

"Thanks again for doing this." I say, genuinely thankful for both of them.

"Sweetheart it's no problem at all." John replies. "Oh looks like we're here." I glance out the window as the car begins to slow down as we approach a house sitting on top of the hill.

The house, if you could call it that since it looked more like a mini mansion, was probably one of the most beautiful house's I've ever seen and that's saying a lot since I'm still in awe every time I see the Adam's house.

"You ready?" Julia asks me and I find myself just giving her a nod in response since I'm still staring up at the house.

I follow in suit as John and Julia both start to get out of the car.

Once we are all out of the car we slowly start to make our way up the small pathway leading towards the house. It's not until we arrive at the front door that I realise just how nervous I actually am, I came out of the hospital feeling full of confidence however now I'm starting to doubt my decision.

Come on Grace, it's too late to back out now.

The three of us continue to walk in silence until we reach the beautiful wooden double front doors of the house.

I look up towards John and Julia only to see them both staring right back at me with encouraging smiles on their faces.

I take their hint and step forward to ring the bell positioned in the middle of the door, letting out a small sigh at the same time.

Here goes nothing.

I take a step back and sandwich myself between John and Julia.

I hear a faint noise of what sounds like high heels on wooden floor clicking from within the house, signalling someone's presence.

The door swings open revealing Vivian's mother, Caroline standing in the doorway. She looks like she's just about to leave, with her long white coat wrapped around her petite body and her Prada bag handing from her shoulder.

"Oh John Julia this is a surprise, how may I help you both?" She asked curtly, while twirling the ends of her perfectly styled hair around her fingers.

"Oh we are just here with Grace, she came to talk to Christopher." Julia explains politely.

I watch as Caroline glances towards me with a blank expression on her face.