Jeffrey tightened his arms around me and raised lips to my ear. "Charlie isn't who I was thinking about," he said while grabbing my earlobe between his teeth gently. Fire hit my chest hard and went straight to my core. I could feel the tingles down in my toes. I felt my eyes go wide and I quickly released myself from Jeffrey's grasp and stood up.

"Are you done, Charlie?" I asked while grabbing her bowl and not giving her time to answer before I walked back through the curtains and made my way to the kitchen to wash out the bowl. I started running the water in the sink while pushing up the sleeves to Jeffrey's hoodie to make sure that it didn't get wet.

I heard the sliding glass door shut and then before I knew it arms were being wrapped around my waist. "Are you okay?" Jeffrey's soft rough voice asked me. Something in me wanted to jump from him frightening me but I sunk back into him easily. His arms tightened around me. "Yeah, why?" I asked back trying now to control my heart beat.

Something told me he was able to feel my heart beat. Jeffrey gently spun me around and pinned me in between him and the counter. "Don't lie to me," he whispered. I ignored him. "Where's Charlie?" I asked him. He didn't let go of me. If anything he moved in closer and pinned me against the counter tighter.

"She's changing into some different clothes so that we can all go out a little later and I can show you guys the town," he said. I nodded while looking down at our feet. Jeffrey's hand came under my chin and he tilted it up so that I was made to look at him. "Talk to me," he whispered softly.

I swallowed hard, which I knew he felt under his hand. "What are we doing?" I asked him as I played with a loose string on his shirt. His thumb rubbed my cheek gently. "I hope we're starting over," he said while closing the difference between us and placing a soft kiss on my lips. The hunger for him in me ached as he pulled back from me.

His forehead rested against mine and his warm breath fanned my face. "I don't know Jeff," I said. He leaned up and kissed my forehead. "What could it hurt? Charlie loves seeing us together," he said. I sighed and tried to gently take myself away from Jeffrey but it didn't seem to work.

"But we shouldn't just try to be together just because Charlie wants us together," I said. Jeffrey removed his arms from around me and took a couple steps back. His arms crossed across his chest. "What do you want, Ronnie?" he asked me. I bit my lip and broughts my hands up to my face almost like I was trying to hide from him.

"Honestly? I don't know, right now I'm just focused on Charlie," I said. Jeffrey leaned against the counter behind him. "I undestand," he said softly before pushing off the counter and heading out of the kitchen. "Where are you going?" I asked him. He didn't look back at me. "I gotta take a piss," he mumbled before disappearing around the corner.

I jumped when I heard the bathroom door slam. Charlie came skipping into the kitchen with mismatched clothing on. "Hi momma," she said as she squeezed my leg for a hug. "Hi baby," I said as I reached down to hug her as well. "Momma is gonna go get changed real quick so that we can go out with daddy," I said.

She followed me into the living room and jumped up on the couch as I made my way to the bedroom we were staying in. The bathroom door popped opened and I froze as Jeffrey made his way past me. I shook my head and went into the bedroom before shutting the door behind me for some privacy.

I grabbed a clean pair of leggings and a long shirt before stripping my sleep wear and changing clothes. I grabbed my toothbrush and made my way to the small conjoining bathroom to finish getting ready.I pulled my hair down and ran a brush through it deciding to leave it down for the day.

I washed my face and decided that it was enough. I wasn't here to impress anyone I was just hanging out with Charlie and Jeffrey. Plus I was on vacation. It was all about relaxing. I grabbed a pair of shoes and slipped them on before walking out of the bedroom. When I walked back into the living room, Jeffrey was sitting on the couch with Charlie watching a T.V. show.