Chpt 22 - The Bridge

Y/n was in and out of consciousness for the next few hours, sort of.

Everything passed in a blur, she was awake, but barely. Her vision had become extremely cloudy and it was getting increasingly difficult to move without feeling her brain sloshing around within her skull like a rotten melon. The pain was numbing. She tried to focus on the feeling of Sokka's heartbeat and blood flow as she leaned against him, or more so he held her against him, but even the palpitations of his heart made the thumping pain in her head even worse. The cold air while flying on Appa usually didn't bother her, but now Y/n was freezing. Her bodies uncontrollable shaking only increased the pain spreading throughout her. And to make matters worse, they had lost everything, even Y/n's scrolls. The only thing Y/n had left was her singular water pouch around her waist, and an old picture of her, Kenji, and Yue in the inner pocket.

As she was beginning to drift out of consciousness yet again, Y/n heard a raspy shout from below. The noise sent waves of pain down her body as she recoiled further into Sokka. Appa began to descend, and the sound of shouts from below got increasingly louder, and increasingly more painful.

"Where are we?" Y/n mumbled when she felt Appa touchdown.

"Chameleon Bay," Sokka said softly, "On one of the ships in my dads fleet." Y/n nodded in response, but didn't bother opening her eyes.

"Sokka! Katara!" A booming voice called. Y/n winced.

"Dad!" Katara exclaimed. Y/n heard a shuffling come from the front of Appa, Katara was probably sliding off of him, Aang in her arms.

Sokka began to get up, living Y/n from her upper arms as he did so and leading her off of Appa with much difficulty.

"What happened?" The rumbling voice asked again, Y/n folded further into Sokka's chest.

"Dad, be quieter, she's hurt." Sokka said softly, making sure Y/n didn't fall over as they dismounted Appa. Her legs barely supported her weight and her whole body felt like jello - wiggly and weak, "Fire Nation infiltrated Ba Sing Se. There was a fight and they won. Ba Sing Se has fallen."

"Dad!" Katara cried again, "Aang's hurt! Please help us." Katara didn't bother suppressing her loud cries, Y/n didn't blame her but spirits did they hurt.

"Katara keep it down." Sokka whisper-yelled.

"No i'm fine." Y/n mumbled, trying to push away from Sokka, "I need to get back to Aang."

"No you need to lay down," Sokka said, pulling the stumbling Y/n back into his arms.

"There's a room below deck we can put the both of them in." The man, who Y/n assumed to be Katara and Sokka's father, said.

Y/n felt someone lift her up, who was holding her in their arms? She did not know, nor did she care. Even getting off of Appa was exhausting, she felt like her entire body was spinning just from the few steps she had taken. As she was taken down she felt herself falling in and out of consciousness. Her hearing seemed to be turning off and on, only hearing snip it's of the conversations around her, which were mostly worried warriors and her friends explaining what had happened. Before she knew it, she was laying on a pile of pelts. She curled up and shoved her face into the pelts, taking in the familiar scent as if it would somehow cure her. After a moment a gentle hand moved her face out of the pelts, placing a hot towel on her forehead.

Y/n didn't even realize she had fallen asleep, but suddenly she was opening her eyes to see sunlight pouring in through a porthole on the back wall of the room. Wincing at the bright light, she squinted her eyes and looked around quickly. The room was small, but cozy, filled with all sorts of furs and pelts. On the other side of the room lay a motionless Aang.