Chpt 13 - The Library

"What's out here?" Sokka asked.

"A lot actually." Toph said, placing her hands on the ground, "There's hundreds of little-"

"Shh!" Aang infuriated, "I know you can see underground, but don't ruin the surprise. Just watch."

The group had been flying through the rocky terrain when Aang decided to make a sudden pit stop on an open plateau. Other than the sparse tufts of grass, there wasn't much around them so Y/n had no idea why Aang wanted to stop here so badly.

Aang, who was sitting cross legged in front of the group, pulled out a flute and played a single note. As he did so a little gopher like creature came out from a hole to his left, repeating the note Aang had just played.

"Ha Ha Yeah!" Aang laughed before playing another note.

"I'm putting an orchestra together!" He cheered after another gopher popped out.

"Orchestra huh? Well La Di Da." Sokka said, clearly unamused.

Three more gophers popped out of their holes repeating the notes of La Di and Da back to the group, causing Y/n to giggle to herself.

Aang continued to blow more notes as Momo chased the gophers around, attempting to catch them before sliding back into their holes.

After a moment, Sokka ran over to Aang and plugged the hole of his flute, "This is great snd all but don't we have more important things to worry about?" We should be making plans."

"We did make plans." Toph replied, "We're all picking mini-vacations."

"There's no time for vacations." Sokka said sternly.

"I'm learning the elements as fast as I can." Aang argued, "I practice hard every day with the girls. I've been training my arrow off!"

"Yeah what's wrong with having a little fun in our downtime?" Katara asked while walking over to the boys.

"We barley get any downtime so we need to use it well." Y/n agreed with a smile.

"Even if you do master all of the elements then what?" Sokka asked, crossing his arms, "It's not like we have a map of the Fire Nation. Should we just head West until we reach the Fire Lords house? Knock Knock! Hello, Fire Lord! Anybody home?" Sokka said while pretending to knock on a door, "I don't think so. We need some intelligence if we're gonna win this war."

"Well we definitely aren't getting any with you thats for sure." Y/n laughed.

The three girls giggled to themselves while Sokka glared at them angrily.

"Fine." Katara exhaled, "We'll finish our vacations and then we'll look for Sokka's intelligence." She said smugly.

Aang giggled and walked over to Appa, plucking a map of the nearby area out of the saddle. "Your turn Katara." Aang smiled, opening the map so the girl could read it, "Where would you like to go on your mini-vacation?"

Katara bent down to better observe the map, "How about the Misty Palms Oasis?" She pointed to a small dot of blue on the map, "That sounds refreshing."

"Oh yeah i've been there." Aang grinned looking down at the map, "It's a pristine natural ice ground. And I don't usually use the word pristine. It's one of nature's wonders."

"Then it's settled." Sokka said snatching the map from Aang, "We're going to the little ice block."

The group clambered onto Appa and flew in the direction of the oasis. The trip didn't take long, in only about 30 minutes they were standing in front of the oasis entrance.