I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her words. Nothing she could possibly tell me would help appease the growing anxiety that was accumulating in my chest. I was drowning in my own emotion and there was nothing stopping it.

"Also," I could hear her voice take a humorous tone. "Not only does the Luna gets a seat saved in the Alumni, but the Luna of the pack is automatically granted the choice to choose which of the other four job fields she wants to partake in."

I gasped so loud that I knew Becca heard me from outside the door. I could hear her chuckle softly.

"Yeah, that's right, blondie." She teases. "Welcome to the warriors."

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

Light shaking wakes me up from my sleep. I steadily open my eyes to see Hanna's brownish grey eyes look at me with much concern. She had Lina on her hip who was asleep with her head on her shoulder.

"Scoot over," She says.

I moved to give her space to put Lina on the bed soundly.

"Little sis," Hanna mutters. "We need to talk."

"Let me guess, you were at the ball."

"No," she answers. "I was at the kitchen the whole night preparing meals."

Hanna watches me closely before looking over at a sleeping Luna. "I can't believe you didn't tell me." She whispers.

"As if I could tell you anything..." I mumble causing her to scoff.

"Excuse me?"

"Hanna, let's be real here," I whisper. "You haven't been the most approachable."

"Oh yeah? Well I watched our parents burn in a fire, Farah." She spat. "What was I supposed to do? That's not exactly a conversation starter. Of course I'm not the same."

"You think I don't feel bad? They died because of me." I whisper.

"But I am the one who watched them die!"

"You're gonna wake Lina..." I mutter.

"You're not just the alpha's mate....you're the alpha's fated mate? and you kept this from me? How long have you known—Oh my God."

"What?"

"You're the reason why he came back for our pack. You're the reason why he saved us all. Oh, my moon Goddess. Did you know he was coming back?" She questions.

"I didn't know until days after we were integrated." I explained to her looking down. "It's complicated..."

"You know I'm only this worried because I fear for you, sister. I love you and I don't want anything to happen to you." Hanna says taking a deep breath.

"Alpha Adonis wouldn't let that happen..."

She scoffs. "You've known this man for not even a month..."

I glare at her in aggravation. "What is your problem?"

"I'll gladly tell you my problem. Fated mates have not existed for centuries, and you and this Alpha that we barely know are the first pair of fated mates that we've seen in a long time. This is a big deal Farah and this is gonna change everything for you."

I run my fingers through my hair. "I know."

"Also," She adds. "Farah you're a non-shifter. Have you forgotten? There's a huge stigma around non-shifters in present day packs. The only reason you were able to be treated normally in our former pack was because Alpha Venison's mother was a nonshifter and he had grown fond of them. This pack...we don't know them well. We don't know what their like."