◕ 15. UNPRIYA

F a r a h ◕ N e a l

F a r a h N e a l

THE GASPS AND exclaims from those around me caused my body to stiffen on the floor. My mask was off which was very ironic for someone attending a masquerade. That was beyond the dilemma though.

   Like a thief in the night, our secret was taken from our hands and released to the public because of my inability to walk properly on my two feet.

"Oh my moon goddess, she's beautiful!" Adonis' mother explains with praise. "Our future Luna, ladies and gentlemen!"

   I watched in awe as one by one the attendees of this extravaganza began to applaud. This was so surreal to me. Not only had I fallen into the very depths of my embarrassment but I was being praised by hundreds in the room.

   I looked at Adonis' face to see his eyes held a mixed set of emotions. He looked worried and concerned but almost...relieved.

  I got up steadily trying to make sure I would not give these people round two of what had occurred earlier. The crowds stared at me intently their applause still erupting throughout the room and echoing off the walls.

   It was then that something caught my eyes. A man to the far left of one of the crowds took off his mask revealing himself to be none other than Xavier.

   My mouth parted in utter shock as the man who caught my eyes held this look of utter sadness. His sadness mixed with anger. His anger accompanied with betrayal.

   All the emotions I never wanted him to feel were    staring right back at me. I could see them even in the midst of all the applause and praises coming in my direction. I could only see Xavier in the midst of the happy and confused members of the crowds.

At that moment, I felt like a horrible monster.

I was a monster.

I didn't deserve such praise.

So I ran from it.

I bolted out of the ballroom so fast and I didn't look back. I ran all the way to my room and fell to my knees in shame.

A knock on the door entered my ears shortly after and I found myself not even having the courage to speak. I rested my head in my hands as the person on the other side continued to knock on the door.

"Farah? Farah, it's Becca..."

My head shot up and I narrowed my eyes at the door.

"Listen, I know you must feel very overwhelmed right now..."

Hell...that wasn't even half of it.

"But let me reassure you that our pack is ready to take on a new Luna. I know this isn't how you and Alpha Adonis planned to reveal your little secret but I believe it was for the best. Now you may take your rightful place in the pack..."