◕ 14. MASKS (Part II)

A d o n i s ◕ R e f e r r o

  A d o n i s R e f e r r o

    IT WAS TIME and as I straightened out my tie and fixed my blazer, my mind swirled playing out endless scenarios in my head of how tonight would go.

     Tonight would not only be the first Masquerade ball with the newly integrated pack, but my chance at a first dance with Farah. The first time I would truly be able to embrace her in front of my people.

That is...if she wears that special mask.

"Adonis?" My mother calls knocking on the walls of my office. "The party will begin in 40 minutes. Your father and I just wanted to be sure you weren't going to commit the same stunt you did last year."

I turned to her with a sly grin. "Like not show up until the final moments of it all?"

My mother rolls her eyes. "Yes...exactly that."

She walks further into the room closing the door behind her. She sighs before sitting on one of the leather chairs.

"My Alpha of a son, you never told me what was made out of your trip to see the Ethereal Queen."

My body froze before my eyes traveled to the floor. I eyed the mahogany wood hard scrummaging for a proper explanation.

I couldn't tell her the truth for that would be against Farah's wishes. Also the things the Ethereal Queen spoke of were violent and threatening...would telling my mother put Farah at risk?

"She told me that I had no choice but to wait until the woman I claimed rejects or accepts it. " I lie.

I could hear the continuous tapping of my mother's feet stop.

"But this woman doesn't even know what you have done?" My mother questions.

"I told her..." I reveal.

At least that wasn't a lie.

"Oh my moon goddess," she gasps. "What did she say?"

"She can't make up her mind." I tell her.

Somewhat of the truth.

When my eyes found their way back to the former Luna, I could see her eyes twitch and her lips curl into a frown.

"How dare she play games with my son? You are an Alpha. Does she understand how many women would kill to be in her position? You have sought after her, and she's just gonna allow you to endure all the pain of the claim bond until it's convenient for her to make a decision?"