eleven

11| emergency mission

"did he hurt someone who was dear to him?"

seokjin stirred, his hand shaking and taehyung noticed and quickly regretted asking. "i'm sorry hyung, i didn't want to—

"n-no, it's okay, it's just... why are you suddenly asking that?" seokjin asked, clasping his hands together in order for them to stop shaking.

taehyung frowned a little. "i don't know, he yelled at me when i said that he probably kills innocent people—

"he doesn't." jin's voice was firm, looking at taehyung warily.

taehyung had. light confusion written in his eyes. "...i figured. that's why i'm not scared of him. when i played the piano, h-he seemed so into it and when he played, he seemed so careless about anything— i never imagined him playing."

jin frowned. "he never played the piano."

"he was so good though and... he mentioned this girl." jin stiffened once more.

"wh-what girl?"

"i don't know, he said that that girl used to play and he learned by watching her." taehyung looked down and seokjin was panicking, trying to contain his emotions and not let tears form.

"hyung i'm sorry for asking, but d-did jeon love that person?"

jin hesitated a little, but the stiffness eased a little, when happy memories were recalled.

he looked down and smiled sadly. "she was jeongguk's whole world, our center of attention. she was the purest, most beautiful girl on this planet, always stayed away from all this drama that's going on in this building here. that room— it was her practice room and it was also the room jeongguk stayed the most in, he always watched her play, but never wanted to learn it himself... but you know jeongguk is a quick learner and seems like he did..."

taehyung smiled sadly. "she must've been a good person."

jin smiled. "when we realized she was gone forever, we needed a lot of time to overcome her death. jeongguk was the most affected by her death and... that changed him." seokjin opened the computer again, quickly closed the tab of bogum and opened a file.

there was a photo of a girl, a beautiful one with long black hair in a school uniform, she was smiling brightly, but what caught taehyung's attention the most was the boy next to her, kissing her hair. it was jeongguk and he didn't know why his tummy did a strange thing, but he decided to ignore it.

"jaehee had her graduation that day, we all visited. jimin wasn't here at that time, he came later when he and yoongi fell in love."

seokjin skipped the picture and there was one where jeongguk was carrying her piggy back and 4 boys that taehyung recognized as seokjin, yoongi and two other males he saw on the photo were also there. they were taking a group photo and everyone was smiling so brightly.

that girl must've really been the light in the dark for them.

"she's so pretty." taehyung said quietly. "what happened to her?"

seokjin sighed, but before he could say anything his phone ringed. he took it and his eyes immediately widened and he jumped up, taking his jacket. taehyung followed.

"hyung what's wrong?"

"emergency mission, you wanna come to the discussion?"
taehyung nodded and followed jin.

they went into a room, the room 'bts' always meets to discuss things. all of the faces there weren't new to taehyung, he just didn't meet all of them before.