Patrick Stump Imagine (#2)

I pushed the door open, holding two boxes full of pizza.
"Darren! I'm home!" I called. I never see Darren regularly, because he's always away on business, and I was excited to see him today, but all I discovered in his place wasn't him, it was a letter. Hardly even a letter. More of a note.

Dear Y/N

I never wanted to do this to you and I'm so, so, so, sorry. I met a girl who is perfect for me, and I have fallen in love with her. I never intended on breaking your heart, but I realise I can't have it both ways. I didn't want you to discover me lying in bed with her, I didn't want to put you through that sort of betrayal, so I'm leaving you. As we speak, I'm going to find my girl, and whatever way things turn out between me and her, I don't want you back.
I hope that you appreciate how hard this is for me, and I hope you don't think I'm the worst person on earth, but it's not right for me to keep you hanging on a thread like this.
Again, I'm so, so, sorry.

With your best interests forever in my heart,

Darren. 

I didn't do anything. I didn't get angry, I didn't get sad, I just curled up, and stared at the wall ahead of me, lifeless.
The thing was, Darren never betrayed me. He left me for the sweetest reason possible, and I had literally no reason to even vaguely dislike him. 
It's not even like I'm taken aback. He's been disinterested in me for months now. Kind of just, nodding along, not really paying attention to me.
I'm so fucking whiney, oh my god.

"Y/N. Y/N! Open up. There hasn't been a sound coming from your flat, for like... six hours. I'm worried!" called my neighbour, Patrick. He was sweet as hell, but I didn't want to talk to anyone, espescially not someone as infectiously happy as him. I didn't want to be happy, I wanted to be alone, feeling sorry for myself.

"Seriously Y/N, I'm worried. If you don't open up or say anything in the next ten seconds, I'll open your door for you."

What was he gonna do? Knock down my door? Like Patrick would ever do that.

And then, smooth as hell, my door swung open, and my jaw dropped.

"What the fuck? How did you do that?" I squeaked.
"The power of spare keys, Y/N." Patrick smiled sadly, as he came to sit on the floor next to me, his arm nervously spread round me. I hugged into him, kinda glad he came after all.
"Darren left." I whispered.
"I know." he whispered in reply.
"It's just. I know he didn't really love me, but I'm still sad, you know?"
"I know."
"It's like... Have you ever been so fucking ridiculously, obsessively in love with someone, who doesn't even realise how much you care?"
"Yeah... Yeah, I have."
"Oh."
"Yeah."
"Who's the lucky girl?" I asked, with a weird edge in my voice. 
"I don't think she'd consider herself lucky if I told her."
"I bet she would."
"Would you?"
"Seriously? A hot, cute, smart, funny, awesome dude like you into me? I'd be over the moon."
"Okay then. Be over the moon." he retorted sarcastically.
"What?"
"You heard me." he smirked.

I must be getting it wrong.
This isn't happening. He doesn't really like me.

He doesn't really like me.

That's all I could think when he smiled at me, that's all I could think when he grabbed my waist, that's all I could think when I pressed my lips against his and they moved in perfect synchronistation, that's all I could think when we were making out, that's all I could think when I was tasting the coffee on his tongue. 

That's all I could think. 'He doesn't really like me.'

He paused.

"I really like you, Y/N."

And then I never thought it again.

a/n

wow i felt like this was well written but maybe i'm just becoming more self absorbed from all your ADORABLE COMMENTS WHY ARE YOU ALL SO CUTE OH MYGOD 

also just a reminder that i have a full proper patrick fanfic that is on my profile and people are telling me it's good so please read it and make me feel good about myself

i also really need you to suggest various scenes with the band members you'd like to see because i'm running out of ideas

ily all xoxo goodbye my friends