Chapter 5

"Akari-chan!" Oikawa waved as he walked down the hallway towards the girl.

Akari stopped dead in her tracks, her face cringing as she turned around to face him. She could feel the whispers of everyone around her.

"Oikawa has a girlfriend."

"That's her?"

"She is kind of cute."

"What does he even see in her?"

Even though she didn't care, it was hard not to hear them when this was the new gossip circulating the Aoba Josai.

"What are you thinking about?" Oikawa and Iwaizumi stopped in front of the girl.

"Nothing." She sighed, looking at the two boys.

"Will you be coming again, Akari-san?" Iwaizumi asked, hinting to the time she joined their volleyball practice under the request of Oikawa.

Oikawa coughed.

Iwaizumi looked at his friend with raised eyebrows, before fixing himself: "... I meant to say Hiraoka-san."

Both Akari and Iwaizumi decided to stop using their first names when addressing each other, since Oikawa was still in the process of sulking over their familiarity.

It was funny, but nevertheless, it would only take a little time for him to get over it.

"Yeah." Akari replied. "I'm going to start playing the sport again."

"That's good to hear." Iwaizumi looked satisfied with the answer.

"When are you starting again?" Oikawa rested his arms on her shoulders, as the three of them began to walk down the hallways to their class.

"This week."

"So soon?" Oikawa replied in fake awe, as she gave him a deadly look. "Calm down, tigress."

Akari thought of throwing back a comment of her own, but digressed. Instead, she gave a knowing smile.

Oikawa's eyes widened.

"Akari-chan, I'm going to die." Oikawa buried his head in her shoulder, as she gave him a questioning look.

It wasn't as if she never smiled. She smiled quite often, but Oikawa found these moments to be more special than one would expect.

"We are here." Akari said, as they stopped in front of their classroom. "Let's go in-"

"We will be back!" Oikawa exclaimed, grabbing the girl's hand and waving at Iwaizumi, who waved back with a sigh.

"Wha-"

He dragged her down the staircase and to the outside location behind the campus, which was a dark alleyway between the fence and the building.

"I was expecting you to be more of a roof-kind of person." She joked, getting a dry laugh in response.

"I am not a fan of heights." Oikawa smiled slyly.

There he is, she thought to herself.

"Sometimes I wonder, which one of you is my real boyfriend." She smirked, taking a seat on a bench.

She was caught off guard as Oikawa's arms were leaning against the bench, his face only a couple of centimeters away.

"Hm, how about both?"

"Is that why you brought me here?" She asked, unimpressed.

"Who knows." He replied, leaning in.