Chapter 2

She had to admit, having Oikawa there proved to be more useful than she would have thought.

It wasn't often that she got to ride public transportation, so he helped her out quite a bit.

In that time, she learned quiet a bit about the boy who had been in her class for the past three years. It was hard not to listen with his continuous talk about himself.

He was a setter of his team, on top of being a captain. She heard that much at school, but never bothered to inquire too much into it. After all, she had no reason to before today.

He also had an older sibling, and a nephew, whose photos he had all favorited on his phone.

He whipped out his phone and scrolled through every single photo, describing in extreme detail every single situation under which they were taken.

That's kind of cute.

"I guess you really like your nephew." She said, a slight tug at the corner of her lips made Oikawa's eyes widen.

"Yoohoo, Akari-chan, you can smile." He teased, only for her expression to go back to the usual disinterested one.

She had an expressive face. It usually looked annoyed and mad. It wasn't her fault that she inherited her dad's gruesome look. He told her stories about how everyone always tried to pick a fight with him, since he looked so much like a delinquent. She got his genes.

"Say, Akari-chan, why don't you smile more?" Oikawa said, as they walked down the street, the sunset illuminating the side walk with bright yellow light.

"Give me a reason to smile, and I will." She replied, feeling the wind blow through her hair.

"Really?" Oikawa bended over, grabbing her attention. "I just thought you have a pretty smile, that's all."

Akari's eyes widened as she felt her face grow hot at his words. He stared at her with that same smug smile and those same sly eyes. He really did have a rotten personality, but it would have been hard for a regular person to tell...

"Yeah, okay." She sighed, turning her head away.

"Did I embarrass you?" He asked with a chuckle.

"No, you didn't."

They walked silently down the road, past the houses until eventually, there was a light of the convenience store.

"Wait a moment, I would like to get something from the store." He said, pointing at the building.

"I would like to as well." She said, following behind him through the doors.

She walked past him, grabbing a bottle of cold water and her usual pack of granola bars. With her parents never being home, it was too tiresome to cook breakfast or dinner all by herself. This much would suffice.

Akari's eyes landed on Oikawa, whose eyes were searching for something in the aisle. Her eyes landed on the milk bread, covered with a transparent packaging.

She grabbed it and handed it to him.

"Is that what you wanted?"

"How did you know?" Oikawa looked a little surprised, but more curious.

"You eat it all the time at school."

"How did you know that too?"

"It's hard not to hear the complaints about the girls buying out the milk bread just so they can give it to the Oikawa."

"I have that kind of an effect on people." He responded smugly, but Akari ignored him.

They walked towards the cashier, only for her to stop and look at the magazines.