Chapter 24

For the past three days Promenade locked herself in her chambers and continues to cry. She doesn’t even eat right and refuses to drink her medicines and teas. A lot of things is flying into her mind she couldn’t even think straight.

A few more days have passed, the whole kingdom celebrates the birth of Dione and Phoebe’s child. The king held a grand celebration for his first grandson, together with the celebration before her daughter Caly marries off to the other kingdom.

“I am saddened by the news that my marriage to the other kingdom came too soon. I guess I will not be able to play with my handsome niece. I thought I would be staying here for about 2-3 years but I guess I am wrong.” Caly said to Phoebe.

“This princess understands how you feel, sister-in-law Caly. Do not be sad for this princess would always write you letters.” Phoebe said.

Everyone was having a great time not until someone shouted Promenade’s name. They turned to look on that voice’s direction. They saw the most trusted servant of Promenade who is crying out her name and looking up high.

Following the direction on where the servant is looking, they saw Promenade standing at the end of the roof. When she finally caught up their attention, the tears that had stop from falling down before began to fell down again.

“Princess, what are you doing? Get down from there!” The king said.

“NO! I WILL NOT GET DOWN FROM HERE! NOT UNTIL PRINCE DIONE PROMISES TO MARRY ME AND GIVING ME A CHILD.” She shouted.

All of the people looked at Dione who was standing behind Phoebe, his other arm was wrapped around Phoebe’s waist. If he agrees to Promenade’s condition, both his wife and child will choose to live without him, but if does not agree to Promenade’s condition, she might die.

“You should agree Prince Dione. Don’t worry about me, you must save her. This princess doesn’t want to see someone die because of me. Save her.” Phoebe said.

She knows that this decision would hurt her, but she can’t bear seeing someone die because of her. She even tried to held her tears back but she couldn’t.

“I-I will marry you Princess Promenade.” Dione said.

Upon hearing those words, it felt a hundred of thorns piercing Phoebe’s heart while it gave joy to Promenade. She was so happy that finally her longtime wish will finally come true, she even forgot that she was standing at the end of the roof. She accidentally slipped down causing her to fall on the ground where a large needle thing like from the fountain was waiting for her.

She landed exactly to it that pierced through her body. Blood spreads everywhere, the clean water that flows in the fountain became red because of Promenades blood. Dione immediately covered Phoebe’s eyes causing her to turn around. He hugged her making sure that he doesn’t hug him tightly in order to not squish the child between them that’s resting in Phoebe’s arms.

The king immediately ordered to stop the celebration, he also ordered the guards to take Promenade’s body away from that brutal scene. Everybody went out from the place. Dione escorted Phoebe back to their chambers.

“Is wife okay?” he asked.

“Yes, this wife is okay. You should not worry about me. I am fine. Pherrione is also fine.”

They both sat down on the couch, he embraced the both of them and kissed Phoebe on her forehead.

“Husband, can this wife ask you something?”

“What is it wife?”

“If Princess Promenade safely came down from where she was earlier before the accident, would husband really marry her and gave her a child?”

“Shh…I do said that I would marry her, but I only said that to make her go down from where she was standing. You do know that I pledge to you and to his majesty, the king, that I will only have one woman in my life and that is you my wife. So you should stop crying now.” Dione said as he wipes Phoebe’s tears to dry.