ch-4) More like a slave than guardian

PERCY POV:

I left Artemis to go to my tent. I couldn't help but stare at her all the time she had such beautiful eyes and heart melting smile but she could be tough at times all scary. 

I summoned some blue cookies from Hestia's powers. they tasted same like my mothers. I wanted to tear up at the memories of her. she was no longer with me. The person I liked was a sworn maiden. Why do fates hate me!?

I slowly got up and went to sleep, ready to wake up early to the stupid chores. Hey! What can I do? I have to follow her orders.

*****morning*******

You would think my morning was like usual...no you are mistaken. I woke up, finding miles away from camp floating on the river water with my mattres. it was soaking wet. 

I willed the water to push me towards the camp. I dried it with my water and fire powers. I glanced at the watch. Holy crap! I am already ten minutes late to report to Artemis. stupid hunter pranks!

I rushed to their campsite. Just the thing I wanted.... An angry Arty waiting for me with her hands on her hips.

"Sorry Arty. I overslept." I said with a smirk. I don't want to go complaining about stuff.

"Don't dare call me that again." She snapped.

"You know you like it Arty!" I replied, controlling myself not to laugh. She slapped my arm but rolled her eyes playfully.

"Now go make breakfast then you have to laundry then prepare lunch, wash the dishes then sharpen the arrows, prepare dinner then you can do whatever you want." She order and walked to the dinning tent.

Artemis was sitting at the head of the table while other hunters sat towards her left or right.

"What would you like to have sisters?" I asked them all.

"Um...I would like scrambled eggs and bacon and water." Thalia said. I waved my hand and her order appeared on her plate. Everyone gasped.

"All of us will have the same but instead of water I will have nectar." Artemis said. I nodded and waved my hand again. It took a lot of energy to summon nectar but I managed it. I walked away and sat on ome of the lower branches of the tree. I summoned myself some blue cookies and started munching on them.

"Is this the smell of your mother's cookies kelp-head? Come right here or I will electrocute you!" Thalia yelled from the tent. I groaned and rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see it.

"Don't roll your eyes fish-brain!" Thalia shouted, "you have to give me some!"

"Coming!" I yelled back.

I got a large dish from the cupboard and summoned my favorite blue cookies for them. Thalia instantly snatched and gobbled them down.

"They are good!" She commented.

"Why are they blue?" A hunter who seemed to be Atlanta asked.

"His mother backed blue food as some kind of joke and he is obsessed with blue color. it is not poison." Thalia spoke up for me.

I watched Artemis take one and nibble its side. Her eyes lit up.

"Did you like it Arty?" I asked.

"They are good." she replied.

"Are you okay? Did you hit your head on some rock? are you sleeping? You did not respond to me calling you Arty? Are you sick?" I asked her. everyone started laughing except Artemis who glared at me.

"I know that. You would never stop calling me that so I thought better and ignored it." She snapped back.

"Thank gods! my Artemis is back. I thought you were possessed by someone." I said and went to do the laundry. 

I entered the cabin where all the laundry was kept and mind you, there were huge mounds of cloths to wash. I carried them to the river by controlling the winds.

I asked the the river nymphs for the permission to wash the cloths in their water. They agreed and I started washing them with the Poseidon powers and dried them with the powers givn by Hestia. within two and a half hours I had completed the laundry and folded them. 

I took them to Artemis's tent and knocked on her door. in a few seconds she opened the door and gave me questioning look.

"I have done the laundry Arty." I told her and showed her the baskets.

"When I was coming here I saw one more basket of laundry in the tent.

"Will you tell the hunters to do them please? I feel uncomfortable washing you know their undergarments." I told her. I could feel my cheeks going pink in embaressment. she smiled and I nodded.

"I will tell the hunters to do it. you can have break till lunch." I thanked her and skipped away to take a swim in the river.

ARTEMIS POV: 

I really was hungry and it was seven ten. I ha told Percy to come by seven. I waited for him, passing Phobe and Atlanta who were trying hard not to laugh. They might be up to something so I didn't ask them. 

Eventually He appeared and summoned us breakfast. His blue cookies were so good I really liked them.

I had a few thing on my mind do I didn't actually hear him calling me Arty. But my heart leaped when he called me 'my Artemis'. It felt so warm and caring when he called me that. Shut that up! you have sworn off men! you cant think like that! I told myself.

After the breakfast I didn't see him for two hours. I checked in the storage tent and found most of the laundry gone. He might be at the river, doing the laundry I thought. I went to my tent to prepare for archery practice when he came with two huge baskets filled with washed cloths.      

"I have done the laundry Arty." He told me and showed the baskets.

"When I was coming here I saw one more basket of laundry in the tent." I questioned him. He might be trying to get away from work I thought.

"Will you tell the hunters to do them please? I feel uncomfortable washing you know their undergarments." His reply took me by surprise. I could feel his discomfort. Any other person would use the situation to his advantage. And the males would love to lay hands on women's undergarments. This man always surprises me. 

Percy is not like other men. He is kind, caring and does not hesitate to speak of his mind. 

The rest of the day passes like a blur and soon it was time to sleep.

PERCY POV:

I took a swim in the river  till it was lunch time. 

I did the dishes then sharpening the arrows and by dinner time I was totally exhausted. I should have known that becoming the guardian was like becoming their slave.

I flopped onto my bed and thankfully I had a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~