Chapter-32: 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

Taehyung bites his lips to restrain himself from breaking down, he won't cry-----not now.

"Taehyung, please don't do this." Jeongguk begs and Taehyung hates himself----when a hot tear rolls down his cheek.

"You don't. Then let's stop it." Taehyung says as he looks away, hides his eyes because he knows----Jeongguk can read them, he can't hide them from Jeongguk when his eyes search for him, always.

"are you leaving me---like others did?" Jeongguk asks, voice a mere whisper yet that infuriates Taehyung.

"That's the problem Jeongguk, I'm not Somi! I'm not her----she's not here with you, even if you want----she can't." Taehyung cries, his eyes hold anger as Jeongguk gulps.

"I am not naive Jeongguk, do you think I am not aware of it? The way you look at me----as if I'm somi." Taehyung pauses as he inhales shakily.

Taehyung promises himself that he won't cry----not in front of Jeongguk, but he fails when a sob erupts from his lips.

" Stop looking for Somi in me because you'll never find her----stop hurting yourself and others, please Jeongguk I beg you." Taehyung's voice cracks as he harshly wipes his tears.

He wants to tell Jeongguk that it hurts----he wants a reason to finish this all, if Jeongguk can't give him one---he'll make one; Somi.

Jeongguk has never---not even for once searched for Somi in Taehyung, he knows it and his heart shatters for accusing Jeongguk for something he has never done.

Taehyung turns around and steps forward but halts when he hears Jeongguk's voice.

"do you have feelings for me?" he asks as Taehyung gulps, doesn't replies as the ravenette clears his throat.

"Taehyung, do you have feelings for me?" He repeats, voice firm as Taehyung closes his eyes-----he wants to turn around and look at Jeongguk, just once----oh how badly he wants to hold him, wants to hide his face in his chest but he doesn't, he can't.

"No, I don't ." He replies and Jeongguk knows that he's lying----in just a few span of time, he has known Taehyung more than himself, right now he can tell that Taehyung is lying.

"Then why are we stopping?" Jeongguk asks, his voice is tainted with confusion, maybe he is confused and Taehyung is causing it all.

"because I-" love you.

Taehyung clenches his jaw, he needs to end things before they end up worse.

"Jeongguk, we might end up having feelings for each other-" Taehyung reasons out and Jeongguk cuts him off.

"is it that bad----having feelings? Are you afraid of falling in love again?" Jeongguk now stands behind Taehyung, a small space between them.

The younger gulps, feels his heart ache, his throat running dry and his breath hitched----he wants to look at Jeongguk so bad.

" I'm afraid of getting hurt again. "Taehyung replies, the ravenette grabs his arm and turns him around now both facing each other.

Just like Taehyung expected-----Jeongguk's eyes are deep, as fierce as fire----with the  ocean in the eyes----igniting light to its way----to the path which leads straight to Taehyung's heart, he has reached there----long ago, but he's unknown to it, keeps walking deeper and deeper----Taehyung is afraid that Jeongguk might own a place in his heart that was never discovered before.

"I don't want us to end----I don't want to stop." Jeongguk replies, voice husky yet eyes ever so deep making Taehyung fall more in them, but he never gets lost in them----he discovers each emotion hidden in them, some are too easy to find and some are difficult to understand----Taehyung can't understand the emotion flaring in Jeongguk's eyes right now.