Chapter-32: 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

"does it hurt?" he asks again as Taehyung shakes his head, lowers his gaze because he can see it coming.

"What happened yesterday?" Jeongguk asks, worried making Taehyung nibble onto his lips. Jeongguk notices that and holds his hand, making Taehyung look at him.

"Taehyung, please tell me what happened----who was that guy?" he ask, this time softly and Taehyung stays quiet.

Jeongguk sighs when the younger doesn't speaks, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

"fine, don't tell me-" Jeongguk pauses before he stands up and speaks.

"let's see if you stay like that when Seokjin hyung will ask you." Jeongguk breaths out, he walks away as Taehyung's eyes widen, he looks at Jeongguk.

"You won't do that." Taehyung says in horror, the ravenette says nothing making Taehyung to follow him behind.

"Jeongguk, please don't tell Hyung about this----he will worry over nothing." Taehyung utters and Jeongguk halts his steps, stays silent for awhile then turns around.

"worry over nothing?" Jeongguk says in disbelief, his eyes burn with anger, his hands curl in fists.

"he touched you----tried to hurt you and you call that nothing? I saw it----I wanted to tear him from limb to limb for touching you---you call this nothing? You could be dead if I wasn't there!" Jeongguk raises his voice, eyes filled with rage and slightly moist---Taehyung can see the shine in them, he isn't scared.

The younger smiles, lifts his arm and cups Jeongguk's face but the ravenette steps back, looks at him in disbelief.

" Jeongguk, I'm fine, don't worry--" Taehyung utters but Jeongguk shakes his head, eyes shining with tears---tears of anger mixed with fear.

"You don't understand Taehyung, he was hurting you! He's out there free but I won't let that happen, I'll haunt him down-- I'll make him fucking pay for doing that to you." He growls lowly before he walks back , leaving Taehyung there, standing alone.

"why do you care?" Taehyung suddenly utters making the ravenette halt his steps, stays still.

"even if I get hurt, why do you care?" Taehyung repeats, voice quivers in end but he clenches his jaw.

"because-" Jeongguk pauses, his voice runs dry and Taehyung smiles sadly at that, looks down as he sighs deeply.

"You don't know yet you still tend to confuse me." Taehyung licks his lips as he inhales shakily, trying to calm his heart which is racing.

Jeongguk turns around, stares at him----eyes hold vulnerability yet they hold softness, they always did making Taehyung smile sadly.

" let's stop----whatever we've been doing, let's stop this." Taehyung utters softly making Jeongguk's eyes widen.

The ravenette wants to ask him that why-----why does he want to stop but he doesn't.

"Let's stop playing with each other's feelings, before things get serious-" Taehyung feels the lump growing in his throat-----things has turned serious already.

He's in love with Jeongguk.

"Taehyung" Jeongguk calls out and Taehyung's eyes flutter shut----his name sounds like a melody uttered by Jeongguk's lips, there goes his heart.

"Jeongguk let me ask you this before I leave----have you ever even for a moment----had feelings for me?" Taehyung asks, his breath hitched as his heart shatters in pieces when the ravenette doesn't answers, looks away from him.