First Day Back

Asami's Pov-

I was plugging my ears because of the loud music when I heard my name. I turned to see who it was but there was no one paying attention to me, which made sense, because I was by myself at a concert. I normally dislike concerts, so I don't know how I got here. My name was said again, louder this time.

"Asami! Hello?" The voice said. I woke up almost immediately.

"Korra? What time is it? And how did you-" I said rubbing my eyes.

"It's almost 7:30, your dad let me in," Korra cut me off, giggling at the sleepy woman in front of her.

"Oh, well I guess that means I need to get up?" I groaned, falling back into my pillow.

"Yes sleepyhead, come on it's the first day!" She smiled then went downstairs, leaving me in my room. I got out of bed and walked over to my closet, looking for an outfit. I decided on a maroon short sleeve blouse with some greyish-blue skinny jeans. I grabbed a pair of  white Vans then walked downstairs.

"Good morning Honey!" My dad yelled.

"Morning!" I yelled back as I walked into the bathroom. I could hear Korra laughing at me. Her laugh is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. It's what really made me fall in love with her. We've been best friends since freshman year, and I've yet to tell her my real feelings. Neither of us have been in a relationship before, except for Mako. I had a "thing" with him the summer after 9th grade. It ended as soon as it started because I knew I was only with him to get over Korra. Spoiler alert, didn't work. Now him and I are friends, along with his brother Bolin. Korra and Bolin have been super close since middle school, and still are to this day. They tried dating once, but it didn't really work. Korra never said why.

"Asami, we're going to be late!" I heard Korra say from the kitchen. I finished brushing my teeth and went over to her.

"How's your breakfast?" I asked her as she was eating my dad's signature chocolate chip pancakes.

"Good," she said, mouth full. I laughed and poured myself a cup of coffee, waiting for her to finish. She placed her dishes in the sink and walked over to the door.

"Ready to go?" I asked her. She nodded and went out the door. I kissed my dad on the cheek and followed her out the door. By the time I was done locking the door, Korra was already in the passenger seat of my car, smiling at me. I've always driven her to school, because she never cared to get her license. I hopped in the car and started driving.

"Hey 'Sami," Korra started, "Are you nervous?"

I looked at her for a second then looked back at the road. "Nervous? Not really, what about you?"

She looked at me then down at her lap. "Same, I just hate being away from you, what if we don't have any classes together?"

I laughed at her. "Korra, even if I'm not in your classes, I'm sure you'll have one of our other friends in them." She looked at me then nodded.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Cheer tryouts are today right?" Korra has played football since freshman year, and I started doing cheer to support her. I'm now the cheer captain, and we have to pick new girls for the team today.

"Yup, hopefully we have a good turnout." She laughed then went on her phone. The rest of the drive was quiet, until we pulled into the school.

-----

"Korra, we're here," I announced, trying to get her to look up.

"Oh ok," she said putting her phone away. "Let's hurry and get our schedules before we're late," she said getting out of the car. I quickly got out and followed her to the school's main entrance. A lady was sitting at a table, handing out student's schedules.

"Korra! Asami! How good is it to see you guys!" She got up and hugged us.

"Hi Pema," Korra said. I simply smiled and waved.

"I've got your classes here, and it looks like you're stuck with each other the whole day," Pema said smiling. She handed us our schedules and waved good bye. Pema is one of the office ladies, and she always lets Korra and I skip a class or two. I stopped with Korra at her locker, but just stood there while she talked to some guys from the football team. I guess I had a sad look on my face because Korra seemed concerned.

"'Sami? Are you alright?" She said closing her locker. I looked up at her and nodded.

"Yeah I'm okay," I said giving her a smile. She shrugged it off and we walked to class. Our first class was History with Mr. Tenzin. We walked in the class a little later than planned, and the only two seats left were across the room. Korra gave me an 'I'm sorry' look as she walked to one of the seats. I cracked a smile at her then went to my seat. I guess I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings because I felt a nudge on my shoulder. I looked up and saw..

"Bolin? Hi!" I hugged him and he laughed. I hadn't seen Bo since our last sleepover, which we had with all of our friends quite often. Mr. Tenzin gave us a look and we turned back to our desks. My pocket then vibrated.

Korra- hiii sami

Asami- hey korra

Korra- no fair you get to sit next to bolin >:(

Asami- haha, i'd rather sit next to you tho :(

Korra- you'll be okay, class is over soon

Asami- talk to you in a bit then?

Korra- sounds good

I smiled then returned my phone to my pocket. Class went by fairly fast, which made me glad because even though she was across the classroom, I missed Korra. The bell rang and Korra ran over to my seat.

"Heyyy 'Sami," she said wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Hey Korra," I replied. She let go of my neck and motioned me to follow her out of the classroom. I got up from my chair and followed her. I told her I needed to go to my locker and she said she'd catch up with me. I walked over to my locker and started putting some things away.

"Asami! Hey, long time no talk." I looked over from my locker to see Opal and Jinora.

"Hey guys! I've missed you," I told them, since the last time I saw them was the same as the last I'd seen Bolin.

"We missed you too! We're going to be late though, see you at lunch!" Jinora said. I waved to them and saw Korra walking over to me. She smiled and I blushed, turning back to my locker so she wouldn't notice.

"Why are your cheeks red?" Damnit.

"Oh uh, I'm cold?" She looked at me confused, then quickly changed the subject.

"Whatever you say, we're going to be late for chemistry though." I sort of tuned her out as I was thinking about Korra and I's chemistry. Who am I kidding, she'd never go for me. I laughed at myself a little then turned to be met with two gorgeous ocean blue eyes, staring at me confused.

"What? Sorry I kind of spaced out," I told her, which was technically true.

"I said we're going to be late to chemistry?" I nodded at her then followed her to class. This time we were a little early, so we grabbed seats next to each other. The bell rang and our teacher introduced herself.

"Good morning everyone, I'm Ms. Beifong, you can call me Lin." Ms. Beifong has always been a cool teacher, but there was definitely something going on with her and the school nurse, Kya. She began instructing and telling us about her class. After a little bit of rambling, she told us we needed a partner for a small project today, and I felt a hand on my thigh. I looked over to Korra, mildly freaking out about her hand placement.

"Partners?" She said smirking. Korra, what am I going to do with you.