𖥻 chapter seventeen

𖥻 chapter seventeen"happiness comes & leaves

𖥻 chapter seventeen
"happiness comes & leaves."

꒰💭꒱

paris, 05/01/19 08:30 AM

"happy new year!" hyunsuk threw a pile of papers in the air, letting them fall like snow amidst the winter, and everyone followed suit, wishing for a new year to start off nicely.

"2019, I'M COMING!" seungkwan yelled from the corner of the room, as mia let out an airy laugh while picking up some papers. "in what way? getting way sassier?"

"huh? can I get any sassier than I already am? nope, this year, I'm gonna get a girlfriend...or a boyfriend, whatever seems easier." he said, mia tilting her head as she picked up the last paper from the floor. "wait, wHAT? YOU'RE BI?"

"no, I'm CI." he said, laughing at his own joke. mia rolled her eyes, walking away as he turned and nudged minghao. "laugh along, I feel bad." the tall boy clicked his tongue and left him alone in the very corner, blinking a few times before he sighed.

"how did you and juyeon spend the christmas holidays?" yuna asked as she passed by her desk, letting some files on top of it as the girl snickered. "I can smell the spiciness in the air."

"stoB it!" mia said, as she looked around before she motioned for her to come closer. yuna did as told, mia smirking as she came closer to her ear. "WE DID NOTHING, YOU DIRTY BRAT!"

the girl pulled away while gripping on her ear, blocking any other sound as she ran out of the room. "BITCH I LOST MY HEARING ABILITIES!"

juyeon, who was by now entering the room, saw how the tall girl ran while having her hands wrapped around her head, furrowing his brows while tapping on his laptop, that he was balancing on his arm.

"what happened to the kiddo?" he asked mia once he came closer, the girl being already so occupied by the massive work collected during the holidays. "nothing, just her assuming nasty things about us, the innocent human beings."

"hmm." mia could see the small smirk hiding behind the object on his hands, standing up as she leaned on the desk, checking if anyone else besides the two was present. "is your mind running wild, juyeonie?"

the raven felt his eyes almost popping out of their sockets, as his hands stopped typing on the laptop's keys before he looked at the girl. "my mind is all neat and clean, organized with things that are necessary enough for work."

"oh really? so...ain't you thinking of something right now?" she wriggled her brows, the raven already feeling her impact all over his body, the atmosphere suddenly getting hotter with each second passing by.

"m-mia, stop." he hissed through gritted teeth, the girl leaning back at her chair while licking her lips. "okay, but I can see how much of a turn on my words are to you, just imagine my actions."

juyeon growled in frustration, as both felt a new presence around them, immediately shutting their mouths close before the figure came closer to them. "hey mia, could you pretty please help me with something?"

juyeon turned around to be met by a tall guy with brown hair, slicked back as some stray strands fell on his forehead. he was wearing glasses that he fixed at least five times in the short span of three minutes.

"yes...brian." the said male gave her a smile, as he side-eyed juyeon while slightly bowing. "hello mr lee, my name is brian kang, it's nice to meet you from up close."

the male extended his hand, and so did juyeon, as he took it and shook it a couple of times (squeezing it rather tightly). for some reason, brian seemed suspicious to him, especially this one month he's been working in here.

now you may ask, why is he even thinking like that (especially when it's his first time meeting him in person). simple as that, he had observed the way his girlfriend stiffens around him. she becomes way more silent and rather clumsy, trying to leave the room he's in.

"maybe they had a bad start already?" jacob questioned, as juyeon had came by to visit his friend that he hadn't seen in a long time, after moving out of the apartment.

surprisingly (as much as he remembers the canadian whining over how he needs more space), he'd found a new roommate, and he seemed far happier with the current one, other than him.

"I am not sure, and it's not like I don't trust mia, but she seems to be hiding something from me. the day I moved in her house, she had left for work and came back after a long time, crying!" he explained, jacob placing a cup in front of him.

"did she tell you why?" he took a seat next to him, sipping on his tea while looking at him. juyeon swirled his cup a few times before a realisation hit him. "no, she never did. I just comforted her. whatever was it, she must have felt uncomfortable with sharing."

jacob hummed, juyeon nodding his head unbeknownst him, as he let his mind wonder. it's not like it would benefit him in any way, just that thinking of possible scenarios and linking them with reality would (hopefully) lead him to somewhere.

"anyways, dramas aside. tell me about that new roommate of yours." he suddenly asked, as jacob looked at him before laughing. "why so eager? he's my roommate, not yours."

"but can't I be aware of who sleeps in my bed?" he asked, jacob chuckling before he nodded. "you got a point in there." he said, as he took another sip and thought for a while.

"well, he's around my age and he's really into art and music. that's a draw for me, who had no one do discuss over my passions, I had to listen to you rambling about changmin's amazing dancing abilities."

juyeon rolled his eyes, taking a sip as he nodded. "keep going, I wanna see how special is that new guy, in contrast to me." he said with a hint of annoyance, as jacob huffed. "c'mon, I am by no means degrading you."

"I know cobie, just keep going." he said, as the brunette nodded. "he's canadian, but partially korean too. hell, it somehow feels more like home now, no offense ju."

juyeon nodded, happy that his friend got to find someone that completed him way more than he did, but at the same time sad, for having this slightest of idea that he's been a bad friend all this time.

"wait-" "hmm?" jacob found the raven being a frowning mess, his one hand raised while facing him. "what is it?"

canadian. really into art and music, partially korean...oh shit-

"what's his name?" juyeon didn't want to make his suspicions any clear, yet jacob knew that there was something hiding behind his wide eyes and his slightly parted lips (how much the question coming out rather demandingly).

"moon hyungseo, but prefers to go by-" "jacob, I'm back!" juyeon lost no time in turning around to face him, besides he knew for sure who the one soaked to the bones by the storm was...sadly.

"kevin?"