𖥻 chapter eleven

𖥻 chapter eleven"it just had to be ruined

𖥻 chapter eleven
"it just had to be ruined."

꒰💭꒱

paris, 05/12/18 09:30 AM

"three days without kevin seem like a miracle!" juyeon exclaimed, as jacob saw him throwing his hands in the air from the corner of his eyes, a chuckle escaping his lips. "do you really hate him that much?"

"you kidding? I don't wanna see his face ever again! and I wish for mia to realise it fast enough." he sulked, his hands crossing over his chest, as the brunette shook his head and placed the book he was reading on the coffee table.

"that's where you're wrong." he said, all plainly and with no further ado, as he stood up and left to the kitchen. he wanted to see whether his statement intrigued the raven or it just went unnoticed by him.

and of course, juyeon had to know what he meant by that (cause it was in his nature to be curious even for the things that didn't concern him at all). he got up and led his soles next to his roommate, hands brought up to his chest and his teeth nervously biting on his knuckle.

"tell me please." he pleaded, jumping up and down, his bear slippers hitting on the tiles and making jacob look at them. he smiled, looking back at his friend.

"shall you not realise it by yourself though?" he raised a brow, the raven hissing a bit while trying to think of that something that he was doing wrong. yet, he found nothing. with a shake of his head, jacob sighed.

"in a relationship, there shall be this understanding between the two. you know, like knowing how she can't just give up on her male childhood friend because of you." he said, grabbing a glass and filling it with water.

juyeon's mouth hang open for a few moments, before he closed it shut and shook his head, lips pursing. "like, mia can't just let kevin go of her life, only because she's dating you. you should live with it."

"but he seems threatening to me, as if he tries to take her away from me!" juyeon couldn't see it, but jacob was smirking, enjoying the jealousy that struck his friend. he never imagined him being that type of boyfriend (in fact, he thought he'd be more of a player).

"what made you think of that?" he asked, laughing a tad bit (something that angered the raven). "I don't know, just the way he looks at her seems as if he'll snatch her away and run away! I just hate him okay? since day one, I hate him!"

jacob laughed, this time letting his small giggles fill the room, that soon escalated into an airy laugh (juyeon has never seen him laughing this much). the canadian leaned on the kitchen counter, trying to recollect himself before speaking up.

"what's so funny about it?" "juyeon, you are such a cutiepie of a boyfriend, but it won't work out this way. kevin grew up with mia, as much as I know from your descriptions, so they must have this, let's say, brother-sister like relationship. it's natural for him to be this protective."

it's natural for him to be protective? jacob honey, if only you knew how much kevin's been tormenting his own self this past one week, seeing mia being lovey-dovey with juyeon and having to put up with it, then you would have never spoken such words.

"I don't like that juyeon guy." kevin confessed, as mia glanced over her laptop's screen and raised a brow at him, while cutting some onions. "why hun? it is not like he did something bad to you, did he?"

kevin, who had his head hanging low all this time, was now facing her with eyes full of concern, seeing how she was biting on an onion while doing her job. "uhm, what is that in your mouth?"

she looked at him once again, as she took the piece of the stinky vegetable and held it in between her thumb and pointer, as if it was her most hated thing. "it's an onion, duh?"

"yeah, I know that ufo, but why is it in your mouth? it's supposed to be in the plate, with his veggie friends, having a pool party in the vinegar along with the tomatoes and the lettuce." he said, as mia shrugged.

"juyeon did it when he came by and we cooked some dinner. he said that you don't cry this way." kevin let his mouth hang open once again, not even believing how his friend could fall for that (cause she was smart enough to realise that it's complete bullshit, especially when coming from that juyeon guy).

"uhm, not to ruin it, but the only thing you'll achieve are the faucets of some other people because your mouth will smell. happy?" mia side-eyed him as she raised a brow, slowly letting the piece down. "let's...forget about it."

"now, tell me why you called, you said it's really important." she wiped her hands clean, and by now she could see how kevin had this expression filled with anxiety on his face. "kev, you okay in there? the bathroom is some steps away-"

"no, no it ain't that." he hissed, and by now he regretted taking that choice. he knew that if he kept it for him long enough, then nothing would come to his advantage. besides, things with juyeon escalated pretty quickly, so maybe if he voiced his feelings now at the very start, it could maybe benefit him.

"so, as I said, that juyeon guy doesn't seem good to me. I mean, he looks like a player, someone that won't hesitate to break your heart, and you know that's not what I want after what this brian bitch did."

mia never really expected someone to bring up her ex's name after that, how much from kevin, who had respected her decision the most. she could sense that something would be coming out of this conversation, just that her mind never slipped into the specific thought.

"so?" she asked, as kevin took a deep breath before he spoke up. "I don't want to see you hurt once again baby, and as a friend I want what's the best for you. I want you to find someone better than juyeon, someone like... me."

his voice died out, as mia raised a brow, clearly having a listen of what her friend said. she leaned over the table, where her laptop was placed, coming closer to the screen.

"what is that supposed to mean kev?"