Prologue: Till the End of Shadows

The figure wore a cloak of the night sky, though unlike the sky, the cloak had no stars. He stood in a clearing. It was almost midnight, shadows creeping by every corner, a perfect time for him to scheme, in secret.

The figure had dark skin and narrowed dark eyes. They were obviously Niloan with just a hint of Zhongese in his bloodline. They wore dark armor that was slightly lighter than their cloak, shielding their skin from the coolness of the wind.

Another figure appeared in the bright clearing. She too wore a dark cloak. She was Amayan, with pale skin and dark eyes

"As dark as the sky, as dangerous as Chaos."

"Only the darkest are among us." The man finished, turning to look at the newcomer, "It is good to see you, Restelle, is it done?"

Restelle nodded, a dangerous glint of mischief in her dark eyes. "Yes, it is done."

The man's lips upturned into the ghost of a smile, one that was both satisfied and dark, just like hers, "We must prepare. They will be returning soon and there are already rumors forming of a large-winged griffin approaching a young Niloan girl."

The woman gave a simple nod in return. "We have her in our custody — Niece to the Prime Minister is a good way to make the Amayans cooperate with us."

The man laughed, "And after the Amayans are on our side, perhaps the mystery of the Greencloaks new base may finally be solved."

"We can crush them," Restelle suggested as her lips formed into a sneer. "They will learn that being 'all noble and honorable' doesn't get you far."

"The tides are turning, and it will be in our favor." The man said, "Inform Xen that we have sent out scouts to watch for the return of the beasts, and that we will have them in our custody by the end of the week."

"Will do," Restelle purred as she pulled up a mask. "Till the end of Shadows, my friend."

"Till the end of Shadows."

And till the end of Erdas.