ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

OCTOBER

I'm not sure what day of the week it is. Every night I'm up late with Draco trying to fix the cabinet. Madison and another deatheater work on it during the day between classes as Draco and I try to find a way to kill Dumbledore. 

I don't think I've slept in a week, I felt sick all the time. Draco would catch a nap in a class or while it was my turn to mend the stupid fucking contraption at least. Kept one of us sane.

I was too nervous to sleep and staying up all night didn't help. My hands would shake with my wand in my hand, I almost blew up the dumb box once but Draco stopped me and let me cry into his shoulder.

I really just wanted to sleep with Draco next to me. Madison seemed unbothered and that new girl Maggie was the exact same. They looked like they had fun sneaking away after classes.

"Anastasia, come on. We need to get going," Draco shook me out my thoughts. I didn't even hear him come in. Wordlessly I followed him out and to the room of requirement. My forearm itched from underneath Draco's black hoodie. I asked for it one night and he won't let me give it back. It was too big on me, which was fine. My leggings clung to my legs and Draco pulled at them trying to lighten the mood.

"Stop," 

"Come on Anastasia," He frowned and opened the doors.

"Let's just get this done," I walk in before him and start working on the cabinet, even though it was his turn.

"Anastasia," He pleaded, "Maybe you're just tired,"

"Of course I'm tired! I don't know how you eat or sleep!" I kept throwing the spell at the box. Draco wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into him, he nestled his face into my neck.

"Let's take a break today. Let's get some sleep," He mumbled, his voice sending vibrations down my neck. I sigh and let my wand down, Draco takes his arms off of me and onto a large couch not far from the cabinet.

He laid down and put me in between his legs. I snuggled into his chest and he pet my hair softly. I wanted to cry. Tears burned my eyes but none ever fell. Draco's breathing slowed and his movements stopped. I slowly released myself from his grip and got back to work on the cabinet. I felt too ill to sleep.

-

NOVEMBER

"You dumb fucking bitch!" Madison grabbed Draco by his collar and yelled at him.

"I thought it would work!" Draco tried to defend himself but, that wasn't working out so well. I was laying face-down on my bed. I hadn't slept in days, I only did when I passed out from exhaustion.

"Of course it wouldn't work! You know how close Potter is with Slughorn," Madison threw Draco across the room and he hit Maggie.

"Hey!" Maggie shoved Draco off of her and glared at Madison. "You two knock it off. We are all trying our best, just take the day to cool down,"

I slammed my head into the pillow repeatedly and screamed. Madison sat on the side of the bed and put her hand on my shoulder. Draco rolled his eyes and left the room angrily. Maggie went after him. I cried. I let the tears soak my pillow and let my mascara stain the white pillowcase. I felt broken, lost and guilty. I had a pit in my stomach.

"Anastasia, it's okay. I have a plan," The fiery girl stood up and left my room.

-

DECEMBER

 I put my head in my hands. I was alone and I felt numb. Usually by now my old friend group was hanging out in the common room. I grab a black coat and slip if over my sleek, black outfit. My black boots thudded heavily on the floor as I left my dorm.