fourteen.

I ran into Peaches, Juliet and Wilda outside the classroom.
"Told you she'd be here." Juliet said haughtily as Peaches squealed my name, grabbing my arm.
"Are you still mad at me?" She cried helplessly, and beside her Wilda rolled her eyes.
"Mad at us, Peaches." Wilda said, examining her nails. I looked at my three friends.

"No, I'm not mad." I said with a heavy sigh. I was tired, and could feel it behind my eyes. "I was never actually mad. Just a little hurt."
"I know, I told them you'd be upset if you found out!" Juliet rushed to assure me, grabbing onto my other arm. Peaches hugged the one she held to her chest, bursting into a grin.
"Oh, I'm so glad you're not mad. Where were you last period?"

"Did you see the fight?" Wilda tacked on.

I groaned, tipping my head back as they two of them began to pull me towards the dining hall, Wilda trailing close behind.

"Yes, unfortunately, and McGonagall caught me skipping. Now I have detention."
"But why were you skipping? You're pretty behind." Juliet pointed out as the four of them reached the great hall. I felt a little nervous at being in the crowded room, but was relieved when my friends decided to sit at the far end, where it had mostly emptied out by now.
"I ran into Fred." I said cautiously as I reached for a plate, not looking any of them in the face. Peaches let out a little squeal.

"Fred Weasley!" She exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes.
"Yes, the only Fred we know." I deadpanned, but they ignored me.
"Why were you hanging out?" Juliet prodded, leaning forward, Wilda placing a full cup of coffee before her.

"It better be to shag, otherwise it probably wasn't worth falling behind in your classes." Wilda added simply, pouring another cup of coffee for me, and then tea for herself. I scrunched up my face in disgust, helping myself to a portion of mac and cheese.

"No, Jesus, we just hung out at the library. It really wasn't that deep- Cedric joined us after a little while, then we heard about the fight and obviously Fred had to go check it out."

"Cedric again, huh?" Juliet said in a light tone. I glanced at her.

"Again?"

"Well, it sounds like you guys have been hanging out a lot, lately." Peaches continued,

"I mean, we're just hanging out. I am able to have male friends without being in love with them, you know." I gave Juliet a pointed look, and she ignored me, flipping her glossy hair behind her shoulder.

"No idea what you're referring to." She said haughtily.

"Anyway, Fred mentioned that I shouldn't worry about the groupchat."
"Well, yeah, of course he'd say that." Wilda's voice was laced with amusement, and I let out a frustrated sound.

"Will you guys just tell me what it's about?" I exclaimed in exasperation.

"No." Juliet said simply, and I could practically see the red heart emoji in her tone. I grumbled nonsense into my food as Peaches started to fill me in on all of the things I'd missed in class.

"I'll give you my notes tonight, though." She assured me after she finally noticed that I hadn't really been listening.
"I don't know when I'll be out of detention, so don't wait up for me. I can always get them tomorrow."
"What's the point of getting them tomorrow? You'll be just as lost in class as if you'd just never gotten them at all." Peaches pointed out, and I nodded at her logic.

"Wait, if you were with Fred when you got detention, does that mean you'll be in detention together?" Juliet asked suddenly, a sly smile decorating her face.

"Well like, yeah, why?"

"How romantic." Wilda drawled, and I kicked her under the table. She let out a cackling laugh, shaking her head. "He's been staring at you, you know."
"Who?"
"Fred, you dimwit."