thirty seven.

The guest bathroom was really small, decorated in all sorts of seashell themed knick knacks. I picked up a jar of sand and watched as something seemed to glow inside it while the facetime call rang. Peaches picked up on the first ring, her face up close to the screen.

"Diana!" She screeched. I almost dropped the phone, scrambling to catch it.

"Yes, hello." I said calmly, propping the device up against the faucet, sitting on the toilet and folding my arms on the sink. Juliet answered as I rested my chin on top of my arms. Wilda answered as well, but she didn't turn video on.

"Good to see nobody's died." Wilda drawled.

"I can't believe Peaches believed all that bullshit George was feeding us." Juliet announced.

"How were we supposed to know for sure it was bullshit? He's with her!"
    "What'd George tell you?" My chest warmed upon seeing my friends and hearing their voices. It had only been a couple days of not seeing them, but so much had happened that it felt like ages.

"That you drank so much you had to go to St Mungo's." Juliet said at the same time that Peaches yelled, "That you were in a coma!"

I snorted. "Well, I didn't have to go to St Mungo's, and I'm not in a coma."
    "Clearly." Wilda tacked on.

"Wilda, how's your holiday been? You didn't come to Hogsmead."

"I've been busy." She sounded distracted. Peaches narrowed her eyes at the camera.

"Where's your face?" She demanded, sounding accusatory.

"I'm busy!" Wilda insisted.

"Too busy to turn on camera? Come on, we haven't seen you in like, forever." Juliet prodded. I just smiled. There was a huff, and then Wilda muted herself.

"What the fuck!" Peaches squealed.

"Oh my god, she's with someone." Juliet said.

"She's probably with family, you guys." I said, my chin digging into my forearm as I spoke.

"Speaking of, Diana, where the fuck are you?" Peaches peered into the phone as if she could see through it.

"You guys remember Potter, right? Apparently his family are like, close with the Weasleys, so we're at their house for dinner."

"Omigosh, is Professor Lupin there?" Peaches asked.

I sighed. "Yes."
    They both snickered. Wilda unmuted herself, and her face appeared. We all cheered.

"Oh, Juliet, your hair." Wilda said over Peaches cooing over how pretty she looked. Which she did- Wilda rarely dressed up, and it was even more rare for her to wear makeup. But her eyes were lined with kohl, and her lashes looked long and fluttery as she narrowed her eyes at the phone.

Juliet dragged her fingers through her now short hair. "Yeah. I just- needed a change."

"Who was it this time?" Wilda asked. Peaches shut up then, and I raised my brows at the tension in Wilda's voice. We all went quiet as we watched Juliet's face turn pink.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She said softly.

"You always change your appearance when a boy hurts your feelings. So, who was it?" Wilda's voice was hard. I chewed on my lip, glancing at Peaches's screen. She disappeared on pause for a moment as Juliet sputtered and shrugged.

"It has nothing to do with a boy." She said confidently. Wilda scoffed as my phone buzzed with a private message from Peaches, simply reading 'wtf'.